A delicious vinaigrette for every salad is this citrus and poppy seed dressing. Creamy, tangy and a bit sweet. And of course with a salad which taste great with this dressing.
For the Daring Cooks’ Challenge, Ruth, Shelley and Sawsan asked us to totally veg out! We made salads and dressings, letting the sky be the limit as we created new flavors and combinations that reflect our own unique tastes.
Daring Cooks time, my monthly international challenge. This month the challenge was to make a delicious, homemade dressing. I always make my own dressings and vinaigrettes, but between what were well-known dressings for me, an unfamiliar popped up with unique ingredients. Ingredients that I wouldn't come up in my mind when I think of a dressing, for example poppy seeds. But it's such a great recipe and you can eat it with the salad recipe I've add for you.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Citrus and poppy seed salad dressing (and a delicious
Did you make this citrus and poppy seeds salad dressing? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
citrus and poppy seeds salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 60 ml orange juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 80 ml sour cream
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 150 grams Arugula
- 6 slices pancetta
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 30 grams blue cheese
- Whisk all the ingredients until homogenous.
- Fry the pancetta in a frying pan.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan.
- Wash the arugula and pat dry.
- Put the arugula in a bowl and mix the dressing with the salad.
- Crumble the pancetta over the lettuce and add the pine nuts.
- Mix well together.
- Shave the Delft Blue cheese into thin slices over the salad and serve immediately!