Ravioli filled with cheese is a delicious vegetarian Italian dish. With cream, ricotta, and a salty Parmesan cheese as a filling. A flavorful recipe.
Although in some parts of the world pasta's are eaten as dinner, in Italy it's custom to make this dish as a starter. And this ravioli is indeed delicious as a starter, but I love to eat it as my main dish, with a green salad.
Because of the combination of the cheeses in this filling, the ravioli baked in butter and drizzled with a flavorful cheese sauce makes a great dish. It only needs some chopped parsley.
Other Delicious Recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Ravioli filled with cheeses (vegetarian)
Use the buttons to adjust the number of people.
- 60 grams butter melted, unsalted
- 30 grams Parmesan cheese grated
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 egg size M
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 30 grams butter
- 50 ml water
- 100 ml cream
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese
- Bring a pan of water to a boil.
- In a bowl mix the ricotta, butter, cheese, water, and egg and season with salt and pepper.
- With the round cutter press a circle from the dough and put 2 teaspoons of filling on one half of the circle.
- Fold the other over the filling and close the dough then press with a fork a beautiful pattern on the edge of the dough.
- Repeat until the dough is done.
- You end up with some leftover dough, knead it well again and pull through the pasta machine until you got a thin sheet.
- Then repeat the process of cutting, filling, and folding. Bring a pan with 2 teaspoons of salt to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a small saucepan with 50 mL of water and let it boil.
- Add the cream and cheese and let simmer on low heat for 10 minutes (or until the sauce has thickened enough).
- Put the pasta in the pan with salted boiling water and cook the pasta for 4 to 5 minutes until it's done.
- Put on a plate and pour the sauce over it.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.