Simple, delicious and elegant dish: Creamy egg tagliatelle with chicken filled with dates and crab
So for Valentine's menu it had to be something with spaghetti (or tagliatelle). And so today for a simple, tasty and slightly decadent dish: creamy tagliatelle and chicken stuffed with crab meat. The pasta of course you can make yourself fresh and very tasty by following the recipe which can be found via this link.
A few weeks ago I was thinking about a Valentine's menu and I could think of several possibilities . Decadent, luxurious, with chocolate (especially chocolate) it went all through my head. And then I thought of something what I find a romantic kind of main dish. And I immediately remembered that I saw the movie Lady and the Tramp with the spaghetti scene between the two dogs. I think that was my first real introduction to romance and it always stuck with me (could also be that I 've seen it a hundred times since in that decade we only had one vhs tape (yes that long ago) . But this is one of my romantic childhood memories. Anyway first let me give you the recipe.
- If you don't have aluminium foil by hand, you could also use baking paper.
- Use fresh egg pasta for the best end result.
- Substitute the crab meat with shrimp if you can't get it in the supermarket
- some Parmesan cheese and a delicious glass of white wine
- You can't store this recipe, so you'll have to eat it all
It's a good taste!
Tagliatelle and chicken filled with crab
Tagliatelle and chicken filled with crab meat
This recipe is:
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- 2 chicken breast
- 200 grams tagliatelle
- cheese old
- 40 grams crab meat
- 1 shallot
- 2 dates dried
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 1 egg size s, beaten
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut off 2 pieces of aluminium foil.
- Brush it in with some olive oil.
- Slice the shallot and dates fine.
- In a bowl add the shalots, dates, crab meat, bread crumbs and egg and mix well.
- Slice with a knife the chicken breasts in half, but not through and through (about 2/3 deep).
- Fill the chicken breasts with the crab mixture.
- Wrap the chicken in the aluminium foil.
- Put the aluminium packages on the baking plate and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil water in a large pan. Add the pasta and boil for 5 minutes. Drain the tagliatelle and mix with some olive oil and grated old cheese. Put aside and keep warm.
- When the chicken is out of the oven, carefully remove the aluminium foil (it will steam a bit so watch out).
- Slice in 1 cm thick pieces.
- Put some pasta on a plate and the chicken on top.
- Serve with the arugula salad with heart beet
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.