This will be the last vacation recipe. In the Southern part of Holland, these are our last couple of days of our vacation. Schools start on Monday. We've got a great vacation with lots of good weather over here. I can't remember a summer vacation with this lot of sun and high temperatures.
Our swimming pool has been used quite a lot.
So for the last vacation recipe, this is one of our favorites. Especially for my youngest son, he loves spaghetti. He loves all the Italian dishes. He could be born in Italy for that reason.
Other Delicious Recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Spaghetti with stir-fried zucchini
Use the buttons to adjust the number of people.
- 125 grams bacon cubed
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 60 gram cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons basil fresh
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅙ teaspoon ground black pepper freshly grounded
- Half the zucchini and slice half-moons of about ½ inch (1 cm) thickness.
- Mince the garlic.
- Chop the basil.
- Half the cherry tomatoes.
- Set everything in place, so it's ready to use.
- Slice the onion very small.
- Heat a pan and bake the bacon with the onion for about 3 minutes.
- Add the minced meat and cook it until it's done. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the manufacturer's description.
- Add everything together and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan and add the olive oil.
- Add the zucchini and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Then quickly add the minced garlic and stir-fry for another 30 seconds.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes and bake for another minute.
- Take the frying pan of the heat and season with salt, pepper and the basil.
- Put the spaghetti on the plate and top it with the stir fried zucchini.