Creamy orzo, crispy string beans and shrimp. A wonderfully easy meal that is prepared in just 20 minutes
Is Orzo rice or pasta? Basically, orzo is a pasta formed as rice. The Italians often use it in soups, the Greeks in a pilav and it is also used in stews in the Arabic kitchen. Here in the Netherlands it is not really known yet, but that can of course change soon. Let me give you this delicious recipe to try Orzo yourself.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Orzo with shrimp and string
Orzo with shrimp and string beans
- 500 grams orzo
- 300 ml vegetable broth
- 60 ml white wine
- 2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons pepper ground
- pepper to taste
- 200 grams shrimp
- 400 grams string beans
- lemon juice to taste
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- sun-dried tomatoes semi sun-dried are the tastiest
- Bring a pan of water to the boil.
- Add the orzo to the pan and cook according to the instructions on the package.
- Drain in a colander.
- Put the stock, wine and spices (thyme, oregano and bell pepper) in the empty pan.
- Bring to the boil and add the string beans.
- Cook for 4 minutes then add the shrimp.
- Cook again for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and put the orzo back in the pan.
- Season with lemon juice, pepper, grated Parmesan cheese and (semi) sun-dried tomatoes
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils