Meatballs with sage and Parmesan got a delicious flavor. Floating in a delicious homemade tomato sauce. Delicious when served with pasta.
Meatballs and Italian food. When hearing either food I just start to feel good. The recipe I choose to cook from this book, combined those. This could be a match made in heaven if you ask me. And it is indeed a delicious dish. Full of flavor and you also get a delicious sauce for the pasta. Very nice to make and eat.
Gehaktballen recipe (meatballs)
Now you might wonder how I got this delicious recipe. The cookbook gehaktballen (Dutch: meatballs) from Salomée Vidal & Jérémie Kanza was send to me. I've looked at, read and made this recipe and I reviewed the book.
Recipe adapted from the Dutch cookbook Gehaktballen - Salomée Vidal & Jérémie Kanza.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Meatballs with sage and Parmesan
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 400 gram canned tomatoes
- 70 grams tomato paste
- 1 thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 50 grams bread stale without crust
- 200 ml milk
- 1 onion large, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 sage thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 15 grams parsley finely chopped
- 600 grams minced beef
- 2 eggs size M
- 150 grams Parmesan cheese grated
- Heat some oil in the pan and add the tomato paste.
- Bake for 2 minutes and then add the tomatoes.
- Mix the spices and sugar through the sauce and turn the heat down.
- Let the sauce simmer for 20 minutes and then season at taste with salt and pepper.
- Soak the bread in the milk.
- Put some oil in the pan and fry the onion with 1 tablespoon of sugar until translucent.
- Put into a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in the pan and fry the sage about a minute until it's soft.
- Remove from the pan and add to the onions.
- Add the parsley, bread, minced meat, eggs and Parmesan to the onion mixture and knead well.
- Then roll small balls (about 4 cm thick) from the meat.
- In a large saucepan pour you some oil and fry the meatballs until they are brown.
- Reduce heat to low and pour the tomato sauce over the meat.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Additional: sprinkle, just before serving, some extra Parmesan over the meat.
- Serve with pasta.