This recipe to quickly make your homemade Parmesan garlic bread is the easiest I know (and the most delicious). A delightful oil, butter, garlic, and melted cheese mix gives you a tasty snack. These are the best garlic buns I've ever eaten! The exquisite taste, melted cheese, and crispy top are simply irresistibly delicious. You want to eat this NOW!
Parmesan Garlic Bread
The first time I ate garlic bread was on my first vacation with my current husband. I immediately loved it. And since then I have ordered them everywhere.
And if you are as much of a garlic bread fan as I am, you will soon find out that only some garlic buns are good. Sometimes drenched in oil, other times little taste. Nevertheless, it comes very close to me. I have already tried a whole range of recipes and restaurants.
Until… I tried this Parmesan garlic bread. Crispy, a full garlic herb flavor, and the cheese gratin make this bread the ultimate garlic bread.
What do you need for Garlic Bread with Parmesan Cheese?
To prepare this Parmesan garlic bread, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Buns - Use sub buns (pistolets), baked or pre-baked, or a delicious baguette. Halve these.
- Butter - Use unsalted butter and remove it from the fridge at least 30 minutes in advance (it will mix much better with the other ingredients)
- Salt and Pepper - Refines the taste.
- Olive Oil - For extra flavor and to make the butter even smoother.
- Basil, oregano - These herbs give the garlic bread more flavor. You can also exchange them for thyme or rosemary. Or use an Italian spice mix.
- Garlic - Garlic buns without garlic? Of course, you can't. Use fresh garlic; it has the best flavor.
- Parmesan cheese - Gives a salty taste to the sandwiches without being overpowering. The cheese will melt and become au gratin in the oven.
How to prepare Buttery Parmesan Garlic Buns
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Mix olive oil, butter, garlic, and spices.
- Season with salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
- Stir everything together well.
- Cut the buns in half and spread with the homemade garlic butter. Place the garlic rolls on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake them in a preheated oven at 430 °F (220 °C) for 10 minutes.
Serve this Parmesan Garlic Bread with Risotto with Prawns and Arugula, on an appetizer platter with these puff pastry snacks with cheese or as a side dish with this pea soup with crayfish.
Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
- A conventional oven is used. When using a convection oven (with air fan) decrease the temperature with 30 °F / 20 °C
- baking plate
- Parchment paper
- 5 tablespoons butter unsalted, room temperature
- 4 cloves garlic fresh, squeezed, or finely minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 oz. Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 Sandwich buns or 2 baguettes
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Preheat the oven to 430 °F or 400 °F and line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix the butter, olive oil, basil, oregano, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until smooth.5 tablespoons butter, 4 cloves garlic, 1 teaspoon basil, 1 teaspoon oregano, 2 oz. Parmesan cheese, ½ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut the bread in half and spread with garlic butter. Place side by side on the baking sheet.4 Sandwich buns
- Place in the oven and bake the buns for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Refrigerator - In a closed, airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Freezer - Wrap in foil and then in a freezer bag or box. Store in the freezer for up to 2 months. The rolls don't have to be thawed before baking (extend the heating time by 3 minutes).
- Reheating - Warm the buns in the oven or Air Fryer at 350 °F (180 °C) until they are warm again.