A lovely light and homemade pea soup with crayfish and a few drops of delicious olive oil. A flavorful tasty entree.
When you serve a multi-course dinner, as I've done with this Christmas menu that I'm blogging it's important that the dishes have a lot of flavor, but don't make you to full to soon. Otherwise you may not pass course 3. These fresh pea soup is nice and airy, with a great flavor and the crayfish add a delicious bite to it. The peppery olive oil makes this soup complete.
- you blend the whole peas and sift them afterwards you get a green thin soup, which stays light.
- you use homemade vegetable broth, you probably should add some salt and pepper at taste. When you use store-bought stock, an extra addition of salt and pepper is most of the times not necessary.
- you don't cook the crayfish along with the soup, it's also very suitable for vegetarian guests. You can add some cream for a delightful accent.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Pea soup with
Did you make this pea soup with cray fish? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Pea soup with crayfish
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 400 grams peas
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons crayfish cooked
- olive oil extra vierge
- Chop the shallot fine.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a saucepan and add the shallot.
- Fruit onion until it’s glazed(about 3 minutes).
- Pour in the broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and add the peas to the soup.
- Allow to simmer for 25 minutes until the peas are tender.
- Puree the soup with a blender and sieve.
- Heat the soup until it’s hot.
- Pour the soup into the bowl and add a teaspoon of crayfish.
- Add some drops of olive oil.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Immersion hand blender and hand mixer
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Soup / hotchpot pan