A lovely light and homemade pea soup with crayfish and a few drops of delicious olive oil. A flavorful tasty entree.
When you serve a multi-course dinner, as I've done with this Christmas menu that I'm blogging it's important that the dishes have a lot of flavor, but don't make you to full to soon. Otherwise you may not pass course 3. These fresh pea soup is nice and airy, with a great flavor and the crayfish add a delicious bite to it. The peppery olive oil makes this soup complete.
- you blend the whole peas and sift them afterwards you get a green thin soup, which stays light.
- you use homemade vegetable broth, you probably should add some salt and pepper at taste. When you use store-bought stock, an extra addition of salt and pepper is most of the times not necessary.
- you don't cook the crayfish along with the soup, it's also very suitable for vegetarian guests. You can add some cream for a delightful accent.
Recipe Pea soup with crayfish
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to seeing it. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. Don't forget to save my recipes on Pinterest so you can find them easily next time. See you soon!
Pea soup with crayfish
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 400 grams peas
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons crayfish cooked
- olive oil extra vierge
- Chop the shallot fine.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a saucepan and add the shallot.
- Fruit onion until it’s glazed(about 3 minutes).
- Pour in the broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and add the peas to the soup.
- Allow to simmer for 25 minutes until the peas are tender.
- Puree the soup with a blender and sieve.
- Heat the soup until it’s hot.
- Pour the soup into the bowl and add a teaspoon of crayfish.
- Add some drops of olive oil.