A warming soup, this recipe for chicken soup with coconut milk. Delicious oriental by using the coconut flavor and spices. Creamy and with lots of taste.
Sometimes there are leftovers in the refrigerator. And it's a total food waste to throw them away! Today there was a little bit of chicken and some puff pastry. So I made a spicy chicken soup with coconut milk. And the bits of puff pastry became cheese sticks. And that became our lunch and it felt really luxurious.
The soup is prepared with turmeric and ginger, which gave an Asian swing to the soup, and both are really nice spices for the body. At least so that's what I've heard. I just like the flavor of those spices.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 450 ml water
- 2 cm fresh ginger fresh
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 100 grams chicken cooked chicken leftovers, cut in cubes of ½ x ½ inch (1 x 1 cm)
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Pour the coconut milk and water into a pan and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, mince or grate the ginger.
- When the coconut mixture boils add all the other ingredients.
- Simmer the soup for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with spring onions, red pepper, or sesame oil on top.