A delicious casserole, vegetarian, where you don't miss the meat, thanks to the delicious combination of cheeses. Great for a day without meat.
Vegetarian pasta dishes are very tasty. Because of the neutral taste of the pasta it combines wonderfully with all kinds of other flavors. Tomato, pesto, pure flavors, salty and I even eat chocolate spaghetti once for dessert (not my favorite, but very special again).
So with pasta it is not difficult at all to make a vegetarian casserole.
Caprese as a
In the summer I like to eat a caprese salad, you probably know it: the salad with tomato, garlic, mozzarella and basil. But why would you should only eat this combination in summer. By making a delicious oven dish and combining it with pasta, you really get a super tasty recipe. Creamy pasta, fruity tomato, melted cheese and the scent of basil. Let the summer come again soon!
It's a good taste!
Recipe Pasta caprese
Did you make this pasta caprese casserole? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterest so you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Pasta caprese casserole
This recipe is:
- 500 grams fusilli
- 3 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 500 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 200 grams cheese old, grated
- 250 grams mozzarella pulled into small bits
- 100 grams Parmesan cheese grated
- 750 grams tomato deseeded and cut into cubes
- 50 grams Panko
- 15 grams basil fresh
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the fussili al dente according to the manufacturer's instructions. Drain the pasta in a colander.
- In a larger pan (make sure you don't use a pan which is too small, because you are going to add quite a bit), melt the butter.
- Add the flour and stir for about 2 minutes. This is easiest done with a wooden spoon.
- Grab the cold milk and pour it little by little into your roux while stirring with a whisk.
- Add the salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes until the sauce is well thickened.
- Add half of the old cheese and mozzarella to the sauce and mix until melted.
- Add half of the diced tomatoes and pasta to the sauce and mix everything well.
- Scoop the pasta mixture to the bottom of the baking dish and spread well.
- In a bowl, mix the rest of the old cheese and mozzarella with the tomato and spread that on the first layer of pasta in the baking dish.
- Mix the panko with the Parmesan cheese and sprinkle over the baking dish as a topping.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the basil on top and serve immediately.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.