A creamy spaghetti carbonara with off course egg, but also pancetta and Parmesan cheese. This very simple recipe is so delicious, truly a classic from the Italian kitchen. And only 5 ingredients!
Did you know that the classic spaghetti carbonara recipe could not be found on this blog. Of course that had to change. And hence today a delicious recipe for Spaghetti carbonara.
I came up with this recipe because I participated in the swiepswoopswap. A challenge on Instagram, whereas you make a recipe from another blog. I was assigned the blog of Paelinck in 't Groen and she had this delicious recipe on her young blog. With chestnut mushrooms that I obviously did not use because of my allergy.
Spaghetti carbonara is originally a poor mans recipe. This nutritious meal was made from cheap ingredients: pork belly, spaghetti, cheese and eggs. These are still the basic ingredients of a Carbonara. But nowadays it is often flavored with cream or other additives (such as with my carbonara recipe with shrimp). According to classical custom I have made the pasta with the addition of the salted pasta water. That helps in making the delicious sauce. By adding extra egg yolks adding extra cream is not necessary. Try it yourself!
It's a good taste!
- 500 grams spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 150 grams pancetta
- 2 eggs size L
- 4 egg yolks size L
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese
- 150 ml pasta water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put a pan with enough water on the fire. Add the tablespoon of salt and bring to the boil.
- Add the spaghetti and cook according to the package instructions.
- In the meantime, fry the pancetta in an oil-free frying pan until brown and crispy. Drain on a kitchen paper.
- Leave the frying pan with about 2 tablespoons of fat. You will need this for the spaghetti.
- Beat the eggs, egg yolks and cheese in a bowl until everything is well mixed.
- Remove 150 ml of pasta water from the pan and drain the rest of the spaghetti.
- Put the frying pan back on low heat and add the spaghetti to the frying pan. Mix well so that the salty fat sticks to the spaghetti (so that it gets even more flavor.)
- Turn off the heat now. Now it's a matter of acting quickly.
- Pour the egg mixture through the spaghetti and mix well immediately.
- Pour in some pasta water, so much that you get a creamy sauce. Keep stirring, I needed about 80 ml for the sauce.
- Because of the heat the eggs will give a delicious creamy sauce. Put the spaghetti on a plate and spread the pancetta on top of the spaghetti.
- Serve immediately
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- frying pan