A creamy pasta carbonara with shrimps instead of ham. Super tasty and easy and quick to make. An ideal recipe for every day!
Shrimps, the ugly gray translucent creatures that, when you heat them, change into a nicely marbled pink and are bursting with flavor. Nowadays I buy them peeled and deveined. Because it is quite a work to do, and on a busy weekday, I want a kind of 30 -minute meal. And it works with this dish (if the pasta is prepared) fine. And because you're hiding the shrimp in the spaghetti, something that our kids love, they eat it anyway (because they will not choose shrimp voluntarily). This dish combines the spicy shrimp with salty and creamy spaghetti carbonara sauce and the several flavors combine very nice toghether. Really worth a try ! And with a video instruction (can be found at the recipe)
- This is a quick recipe, make sure you've got your mise-en-place in order. That means that everything is ready to grab (sliced and weighed).
- Add 1 tablespoon salt to the boiling water in which you're cooking the spaghetti. Italians always say that you've got to cook your spaghetti in water as salt as seawater.
- This recipe contains raw eggs (you cook them by the heat of the spaghetti but there not done). Therefor this recipe is not suitable for pregnant women, children, the sick en elderly.
- You can substitute the spaghetti with tagliatelle, really delicious
- Parmezan cheese can be substituted with Parmigianno Reggiano if you can't get the Parmezan cheese
- It's delicious with a salad containing arugula, sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts.
- Because you're using raw eggs in this recipe you eat it right away and don't store the leftovers.
- Spaghetti with leek and mascarpone
- Spaghetti with shrimp and arugula
- Classic Spaghetti carbonara
- Spaghetti with broccoli, minced beef and bacon
It's a good taste!
Recipe Spaghetti Carbonara with
Did you make this Spaghetti carbonara with shrimp? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Spaghetti carbonara with shrimp
- 500 grams spaghetti or tagliatelle
- 400 grams shrimp
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 60 grams Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- Chop the pepper finely and press the garlic flat.
- Mix in a bowl the eggs, egg yolks and cheese and stir well.
- Put a pan of water on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Pour oil in a frying pan and add the butter.
- Heat on medium heat until the butter is melted.
- Then add the pepper and garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute while the butter / oil mixture absorbing the flavor.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet.
- Also put the spaghetti in the boiling water.
- Stir-fry the shrimp 3 minutes or until they are pink and turn the heat off.
- Drain the spaghetti after the cooking time is done and place in a bowl.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and put them in the spaghetti bowl.
- Strain the sauce and pour it over the spaghetti.
- Take the parmesan cheese / egg mixture, add to the spaghetti and mix quickly.
- Serve immediately.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.