This recipe is not quite more than spaghetti with leek and mascarpone and we've added some bacon to. But this recipe gives quite a flavor explosion in your mouth.
In fact, this recipe is nothing more than spaghetti with leeks and mascarpone (and some bacon). But you will notice it gives a flavor explosion in your mouth. The sweet braised leeks combines delicious with the creamy mascarpone, the salty bacon and spicy garlic. You can use this as a base recipe and vary for example by replacing the bacon with sundried tomatoes (a vegetarian version) or to mix some arugula through the leek cream for a nutty flavor. Although is it necessary to make adjustments for this recipe? For me certainly not, it's just perfect as we speak.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Spaghetti with leek and mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 125 gram bacon sliced
- 3 leeks cleaned and cut into rings
- 1 clove garlic sliced very thinly
- 250 grams mascarpone
- 500 grams spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in the pan and add the bacon.
- Fry the bacon for 5 minutes until they begin to color.
- Add the leeks and the garlic.
- Lower the heat and put the lid on the pan.
- Let it simmer 10 minutes over low heat, so the leeks can get pretty sweet.
- Meanwhile put a pan of water and cook the spaghetti according to directions until al dente.
- Add the mascarpone to the leek mixture and let it melt slowly.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the spaghetti on a plate and cover it with the leek mixture.
- Shave the Parmesan cheese on top of your plate and serve immediately.