This recipe is not quite more than spaghetti with leek and mascarpone and we've added some bacon to. But this recipe gives quite a flavor explosion in your mouth.
In fact, this recipe is nothing more than spaghetti with leeks and mascarpone (and some bacon). But you will notice it gives a flavor explosion in your mouth. The sweet braised leeks combines delicious with the creamy mascarpone, the salty bacon and spicy garlic. You can use this as a base recipe and vary for example by replacing the bacon with sundried tomatoes (a vegetarian version) or to mix some arugula through the leek cream for a nutty flavor. Although is it necessary to make adjustments for this recipe? For me certainly not, it's just perfect as we speak.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Spaghetti with leek and mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 oz. bacon bits
- 1 clove garlic sliced very thinly
- 1 cup mascarpone
- Parmesan cheese to taste
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Melt the butter in the pan and add the bacon.1 tablespoon butter, 4 oz. bacon bits
- Fry the bacon for 5 minutes until they begin to color.
- Add the leeks and the garlic.3 leeks, 1 clove garlic
- Lower the heat and put the lid on the pan.
- Let it simmer 10 minutes over low heat, so the leeks can get pretty sweet.
- Meanwhile, put a pan of water and cook the spaghetti according to directions until al dente.1 pound spaghetti
- Add the mascarpone to the leek mixture and let it melt slowly.1 cup mascarpone
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.salt and pepper
- Toss the spaghetti on a plate and cover it with the leek mixture.
- Shave the Parmesan cheese on top of your plate and serve immediately.Parmesan cheese
Leave a Reply