Spelt penne with rosemary, bacon and lemon. All the flavors are coated like a delicious layer to the hollow spelt penne. Each bite becomes a taste explosion. Tasteful and quick for busy days.
Although I make my own pasta sometimes with spelt flour, I was curious to the taste of the storebought one. Mine combines egg and speltflour and the one from the store is with water instead of egg. So I decided to make a recipe of spelt penne with rosemary, bacon and lemon.
The taste of the spelt penne, can be compared best with a whole-wheat penne. It was al dente and therefor had a nice bite. I think that a spelt penne (as for a whole wheat penne to) needs flavourful ingredients, so I chose rosemary, bacon and lemon. And I got a taste explosion with each spoon!
- the penne is hollow the flavors of the herbs, lemon and bacon coat the penne on both sites which gives it so much more taste.
- I didn't add much veggies we ate a arugula salad with pistachios pear and apple as a side dish.
- you'd rather eat vegetarian, use sun-dried tomatoes cut into strips instead of bacon. Then mix one tablespoon of oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes in the pasta for additional flavor.
It's a good taste!
Recipe: Spelt penne with rosemary, bacon and
Spelt penne with rosemary, bacon and lemon
- 500 grams Penne spelt
- 250 gram bacon cut in small strips
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rosemary fresh chopped
- 125 grams mozzarella
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Cook the pasta according to the manufacturer's packaging.
- In the meanwhile put a frying pan and fry the bacon.
- After 3 minutes add the shallot to the bacon.
- Then after another minute add the garlic.
- Pour the lemon juice and rosemary into the frying pan with the bacon and turn the heat off.
- Drain the penne and mix the bacon mixture through
- Spoon the pasta on plates and arrange the mozzarella on top of the penne.
- Sprinkle some lemon zest over it.