Desserts should and are an essential part of a Sunday dinner at house and because of winter season I put this delicious dessert on the table. I just love tiramisu.
Because I also have three children are way under 18, alcohol in the tiramisu is not a good idea. I have therefore chosen to use cinnamon syrup which gives a nice flavor to the gingerbread cookies when soaked in, combined with tangerine juice.
Because the tangerine provides a wonderfully fresh accent. And tangerines course really belong to winter season. In store I choose big and sturdy tangerins so I could slice (like you peeling an apple). Therefore you lose the outer flesh. I then cut out the segments, you don't have the sturdy skins of the tangerine in the tiramisu. The left over juice I mixed with the syrup. That way I got a really nice, festive dessert.
- you mix the mascarpone with the cream it becomes airy and fluffy. Make sure you use the mascarpone at room temperature (otherwise you get lumps) and the cream cold (otherwise it won't stiffen)
- First you cut off the top and bottom of the tangerine, so you can put it on your work surface and it's easier to cut away the peel.
- you mascarpone / whipped cream mixture is sweetened with honey instead of sugar for an extra flavor accent. You can also sweeten it with the flavored with coffee syrup you used to sprinkle the gingerbread.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Gingerbread tangerine
Did you make this pepernoten mandarijn tiramisu? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Pepernoten tangerine tiramisu
- 8 tangerines
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon syrup
- 100 grams pepernoten
- 150 grams mascarpone
- 250 ml cream
- 3 tablespoons honey
- cinnamon ground
- Peel the tangerines and cut the segments between the membranes out.
- Squeeze the juice from the skins and remaining tangerine parts and collect in a bowl.
- Mix the cinnamon syrup through the orange juice and set aside.
- Spread half of the pepernoten on the bottom of the glasses.
- Sprinkle the pepernoten with 1 tablespoon orange syrup.
- Siege each glass with the wedges from one tangerine.
- Whip the cream with honey to yogurt thickness.
- Add the mascarpone and mix until it becomes stiffen.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons mascarpone / cream mixture on top of the tangerine in the glasses.
- Spread the rest of the pepernoten on the mascarpone.
- Cover with the remaining tangerine segments.
- Spoon the mascarpone whipped cream on top and sprinkle with cinnamon.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Immersion hand blender and hand mixer
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils