Don't you love truffles? They're so easy to make. These orange chocolate truffles are flavored with oranges and a delicious liqueur.
I notice that I lately often make recipes with oranges, but when I think about it, probably the reason is that it's such a versatile piece of fruit. And it often gives just a nice dimension to your dish .
Also nice for today, the day that our King 's actual birthday is, to give this recipe an orange twist, because our King and Queen are royals of the house of Orange. What's even better is that our middle son celebrates his birthday. He is born on our Kings birthday and became 9 years old. Always everybody is free on your birthday, isn't that nice!
- Children eat the truffles, omit the orange liqueur with orange aroma and substitute vanilla extract with vanilla sugar (2 teaspoons). Children and alcohol is a no go.
- Because you roll a ball with your hands, the outside of the truffle becomes a bit soft and the cocoa sticks well. When you keep them in the fridge again, they will keep their shape.
- Instead of orange liqueur you can also use bourbon (for an extra boost)
- It is nice to add finely chop pistachio nuts and to mix through the truffle mixture. You need about 20 grams of pistachio nuts.
- Leave out the liqueur, it is not necessarily necessary for a tasty recipe.
- Substitute vanilla extract with vanilla sugar. You can easily make your own budget friendly vanilla sugar. Take 200 grams of sugar and 2 vanilla pods. Halve them and scrape out the vanille. Whisk everything and put it in a jar. Wait for 3 weeks before starting to use it so you get full flavor. This way your vanilla sugar cost about 1/2 what it will cost in a supermarket. Extra tip. If, for some reason, you have used a vanilla pod for flavoring liquid or something, let it dry and put it together with 50 grams of sugar in the pot. This way you can use al scraps.
- Replace orange grate with 1 tablespoon of orange juice
The budget-friendly version costs € 0.15 per truffle (total 20 truffles)
- You can’t store these truffles at room temperature.
- Keep the truffles in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Truffles can also be frozen. You then pack them individually in a piece of wax paper and then in an airtight bag or box. This way you can keep them for 2 weeks. Before defrosting, let them thaw in their packaging at room temperature. That takes about 2-3 hours.
Other delicious chocolate
- White chocolate lavender bonbons
- Chocolates with caramel and sea salt
- Caramel praline bonbons
- Coconut truffles with chocolate
It's a good taste!
Recipe Orange Chocolate
Orange chocolate truffles
- 100 ml cream
- 300 grams dark chocolate chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur like grand marnier
- 1 orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 grams cocoa
- Put a saucepan on low heat and add the cream, chocolate and orange zest.
- Heat until the chocolate is fully melted and then remove the pan from the heat and add the liqueur and the vanilla extract and stir through.
- Put into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Allow 2 hours in the fridge where it cools down and hardens.
- Take a little ganache with two teaspoons from the bowl.
- Roll between your hands into a ball.
- Roll the ball through the cocoa.
- Put the truffles in the refrigerator until you serve them.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.