Pepernoten muffins, a nice addition to your Sinterklaas breakfast, with a hint of gingerbread flavor. This recipe is nice and easy to make.
Pepernoten, pepernoten, pepernoten, pepernoten. Yummy! I just can't get enough of it. At least for 3 weeks. After that I am tired of them again. But then I deliberately dive back into the Christmas chocolate treat and relatives.
I also like to experiment with pepernoten. And when Grandpa "Piet" had visited this household and so far too many pepernoten were sprinkled in the shoes, the idea came up to make pepernoten muffins with them. That way, we can also just eat unabashedly pepernoten at breakfast and lunch. Delicious anyway.
This recipe is tasty and simple. Within 30 minutes they are on the table and they still smell delicious.
- Are there any left over after lunch or breakfast? Then wrap them airtight and put them away. You can eat them for another two days.
- If you do not have pepernoten, you can also use 1 tablespoon of gingerbread spices.
- Melt the butter to make your batter as smooth as possible.
It's a good taste!
Did you make this pepernoten muffins? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
- 150 grams flour
- 25 grams cornflour
- 60 grams dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 grams pepernoten crumbled
- 1 egg size L
- 200 ml milk
- 75 grams butter melted, cooled to room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the cornflour, baking powder, crumbled pepernoten, the salt and the sugar well with a fork.
- In a second bowl, mix the milk with the melted butter and the egg.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir well with a ladle until everything is wet. There may still be lumps in it, that doesn't matter.
- Divide the batter between the 12 tins and put the baking tray in the oven.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (or until done. You can check that by putting a satay pricker inside of the muffin. If it comes out dry your muffin is done).
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the mold and eat immediately or let them cool on a rack.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knivess
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Cupcake tin with paper baking cups