When it's cold a hot cocoa can be so great. This special recipe for white hot chocolate is even more delicious.
Winter and Christmas time, such a joyful time, which requires a special drink. Today: white hot chocolate with whipped cream. Did you know that white chocolate is not actually chocolate? It does not contain any cocoa, but is made from cocoa butter. But what's in a name anyway?
In the past, when it seemed like we could ice skate every winter, we always drank delicious hot chocolate (and pea soup, but that's another story).
Water was sprayed on a field in this area and after a few freezing days it was possible to skate. After school we went there immediately (and of course on Wednesday afternoons and Saturdays). And in the meantime warm up a little with a cup of delicious hot chocolate. And still when I drink a cup of chocolate milk, I remember that so well (and I immediately feel like ice skating again).
- If you want to make hot chocolate from another kind of chocolate, you can use this recipe to. Replace the white chocolate with the chocolate type you choose.
- Good quality chocolate is noticeable different in the taste. With cheap chocolate, you often need more and it contains far more fat.
- You're only with adults, you can also pimp this chocolate drink with a splash of Kahlua or rum.
It's a good taste!
Recipe white hot chocolate
Did you make this white warm chocolate milk? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
warm hot chocolate milk
- 200 mL milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 35 gram white chocolate
- 50 ml half and half whipped with 2 teaspoons of confectionars sugar until stiff
- cocoa garnish
- Break the chocolate in small pieces.
- Whisk the heavy cream with sugar with a mixer until it's stiff.
- Warm the milk with the vanilla-extract until you see damp above the pan.
- Put the chocolate in the cup and pour the hot milk on top.
- Stir very well.
- Garnish with the cream and sprinkle some cocoa on top.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.