A delicious cocktail, creamy by the egg whites, slightly acidic by the lemon and sweetened by the sugar. Mixed with sherry you get a delicious cocktail. A nice signature drink for every dinner.
Sherry is an undervalued wine. Popular in the 70s, where it was a chic custom to add the sherry to the soup or drink it, it is now a wine that is becoming less and less popular.
Actually a shame because it is a beautiful wine from the Marco de Jerez region in Spain that has a unique taste. There are different types of sherry, the three best known being fino / manzanilla (delicious with a dish with fish and shellfish), amontillado / palo (delicious with poultry) and oloroso (for all other meats). Cream sherry and Pedro Ximénez are delicious choices when serving chocolate desserts.
A cocktail with
I received a sherry from Tio Pepe from a PR agency, in the Fino flavor. Because it's the week of the sherry wine (still until November 10) This is a sherry with a fresh, dry and savory taste. Ideal for a sherry sour cocktail. When making this cocktail you mix sherry with lemon, egg whites and a sugar syrup. Cooled by ice and shaket for a minute, you'll get a nice creamy cocktail. Ideal as a signature drink with a nice dinner. A nice cocktail and yet easy to make. I say Cheers!
It's a good taste!
Recipe Sherry sour
Did you make this Sour Sherry cocktail? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Sour Sherry Cocktail
- 100 grams sugar
- 120 grams water
Sour sherry cocktail
- 120 ml sherry
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg white pasteurized
- 40 ml sugar syrup
- ice for shaking
- You make more sugar syrup as needed for the recipe. If you made less, the sugar syrup would become solid because of the heating (and therefore no longer be syrup). Use the remainder for another delicious cocktail or keep it until you make another cocktail. It will last for at least a week.
- Put the sugar and the water in a pan and heat it over low heat while you stir.
- When the sugar has dissolved, turn off the heat and let the syrup cool.
Sour sherry cocktail
- Cool the glasses in the fridge so that your cocktail stays cool longer.
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, sherry, lemon juice, egg whites and sugar syrup.
- Shake for 1 minute until a nice foam layer is created.
- Pour it through the sieve of the shaker (this way the cocktail doesn't dilute) into the glass and serve immediately.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.