Sherry sour cocktail is a delicious mix drink. It's creamy by the egg whites, slightly acidic by the lemon, and sweetened by the sugar. Mixed with this Spanish wine you get a delicious cocktail. A nice signature drink for every dinner.
Sherry is an undervalued Spanish wine. Popular in the 70s, where it was a chic custom to add sherry to the soup or drink it, it is now a wine that is becoming less and less popular.
Actually, a shame because it is a beautiful wine from the Marco de Jerez region in Spain that has a unique taste.
There are different types of this wine, the three best known being fino/manzanilla (delicious with a dish with fish and shellfish), amontillado / Palo (delicious with poultry), and oloroso (for all other meats). Cream sherry and Pedro Ximénez are delicious choices when serving chocolate desserts.
The ideal flavor
In this drink, I used sherry with a fresh and dry taste. Ideal for a sherry sour cocktail. When making this cocktail you mix sherry with lemon, egg whites, and sugar syrup.
Cooled by ice and shaken for a minute, you'll get a nice creamy cocktail. Ideal as a signature drink with a nice dinner. A nice cocktail and yet easy to make. I say Cheers!
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Sour Sherry Cocktail
- Cocktail glass
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
Sour sherry cocktail
- ½ cup sherry
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg white pasteurized
- 3 tablespoons sugar syrup
- ice for shaking
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Put the sugar and the water in a pan and heat it over low heat while you stir.½ cup sugar, ½ cup water
- When the sugar has dissolved, turn off the heat and let the syrup cool.
Sour sherry cocktail
- Cool the glasses in the fridge so that your cocktail stays cool longer.
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, sherry, lemon juice, egg whites, and sugar syrup.½ cup sherry, 4 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 egg white, 3 tablespoons sugar syrup, ice
- Shake for 1 minute until a nice foam layer is created.
- Pour it through the sieve of the shaker (this way the cocktail doesn't dilute) into the glass and serve immediately.
- You make more sugar syrup as needed for the recipe. If you made less, the sugar syrup would become solid because of the heating (and therefore no longer be syrup). Use the remainder for another delicious cocktail or keep it until you make another cocktail. It will last for at least a week.
Leave a Reply