A delicious homemade chocolate granola with walnuts, pistachios, a touch of cinnamon, dates and chocolate. A recipe for a nice start for every day.
Everybody knows they get through the day with a hearty breakfast, full of fibers. And with this crunchy chocolate muesli you will definitely get no hunger during the morning. Add some fresh grapes, raspberries or an apple for some extra vitamins (those dried fruits don't give you that).
This chocolate muesli is delicious with yogurt or milk. But it is also highly recommended as a snack. A handful of muesli around four o'clock gives some energy again. Or spread a piece of apple with some nut butter and dip it in the granola. A lot of taste and something different.
This granola is easy to store in an air tightly closed jar at room temperature. Don't keep it in the refrigerator, as it will make it moist and the structure will change. And if you make sure that the pot is airtight, it will remain good at room temperature for at least 2 weeks. If you can keep it that long of course. And if you're in need for some more granola inspiration. Try this delicious recipes of the “regular” granola, detox granola or gingerbread spiced granola.
Recipe chocolate granola
- 150 grams oatmeal
- 30 grams walnuts
- 30 grams pistachios
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 50 grams dark chocolate chopped into pieces
- 15 dates
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except the dates and chocolate).
- Spread the granola on the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
- Stir everything well and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Puree the dates in a blender or kitchen machine with a knife and mix, along with the chocolate, in the warm mixture
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let the chocolate muesli cool on the baking tray.
- Store in a dry sealed jar.