A recipe for homemade granola is always delicious (and not just because the whole house smells like warm winter) this Christmas granola with gingerbread spices and cranberries gives your Christmas table a festive touch!
Muesli (now often known as granola), is easy and simple to make. The advantage is that you can add whatever you like, but also that you can change it with the season. Where you add fresh strawberries in summer and in autumn days apples and raisins, for the winter season and Christmas cranberries are a great addition. And gingerbread spices for extra flavor. I love gingerbread spices (but by now you probably may already tell that).
You toast the grains, seeds and nuts in the oven (but keep looking after it or it can burn) and, besides the fact that your house smells delicious, you have something unique for adding to your yogurt or milk in morning.
This recipe I made for our Christmas breakfast / brunch table and I like to share it with you:
Recipe Christmas gingerbread granola with cranberries
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Christmas gingerbread granola with cranberries
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 75 ml sunflower oil
- 60 grams honey
- 350 grams oatmeal
- 100 grams pecan nuts finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spice
- 75 grams cranberries dried
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius, upper and lower heat if you have.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, sunflower oil and honey.
- Mix oatmeal and pecan nuts through. Make sure everything is well coated with the oil mixture.
- Spread the muesli over the baking tray (as much as possible in a single layer), and bake for 15 minutes in the oven.
- Then loosen with a spatula and stir well.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes in the oven.
- Let cool to room temperature and mix the cranberries through.
- Storage until use in an air-tight sealed jar.