A recipe for homemade granola is always delicious (and not just because the whole house smells like warm winter) this Christmas granola with gingerbread spices and cranberries gives your Christmas table a festive touch!
Muesli (now often known as granola), is easy and simple to make. The advantage is that you can add whatever you like, but also that you can change it with the season. Where you add fresh strawberries in summer and in autumn days apples and raisins, for the winter season and Christmas cranberries are a great addition. And gingerbread spices for extra flavor. I love gingerbread spices (but by now you probably may already tell that).
You toast the grains, seeds and nuts in the oven (but keep looking after it or it can burn) and, besides the fact that your house smells delicious, you have something unique for adding to your yogurt or milk in morning.
This recipe I made for our Christmas breakfast / brunch table and I like to share it with you:
It's a good taste!
Recipe Christmas gingerbread granola with
Did you make this Christmas gingerbread granola with cranberries? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Christmas gingerbread granola with cranberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 75 ml sunflower oil
- 60 grams honey
- 350 grams oatmeal
- 100 grams pecan nuts finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spice
- 75 grams cranberries dried
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius, upper and lower heat if you have.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, sunflower oil and honey.
- Mix oatmeal and pecan nuts through. Make sure everything is well coated with the oil mixture.
- Spread the muesli over the baking tray (as much as possible in a single layer), and bake for 15 minutes in the oven.
- Then loosen with a spatula and stir well.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes in the oven.
- Let cool to room temperature and mix the cranberries through.
- Storage until use in an air-tight sealed jar.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Baking paper or baking mat
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Sheet pan, baking tray or baking sheet