With this cold winter weather, a bowl of warm apple cinnamon oatmeal to start the day with is a good beginning. Delicious with baked sweet apples, walnuts, honey, and flavored with a dash of cinnamon. Enjoy this nutritious breakfast. A tasty and healthy start to the day!
A healthy and warming breakfast.
The winter sun casts its glow on a warm bowl of oatmeal on my breakfast table. This time no ordinary oatmeal, but with crispy baked apples, walnuts, and the warm aroma of the cinnamon.
Meanwhile, the smell of freshly baked apple pie wafts through your home when you make this recipe. The cinnamon reminds you of the cozy ghost days and cozy evenings by the warm fire.
And the very best of this delicious breakfast? It's super easy to make. While the oatmeal is gently warming, make the baked apples. You bake with honey and cinnamon golden brown, and they get a delicious caramel taste by baking. Add them to the creamy oatmeal when ready, and you can start with this delightful breakfast! Tasty.
What do you need for Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Breakfast?
To prepare this Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal, you require the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Milk: You cook the oatmeal in the milk. Use whole milk for a creamy taste, but low-fat milk will also work.
- Butter: To fry the apple pieces until creamy.
- Apple: The apples are peeled and grated. A firm apple is tasty, such as an Elstar or Jonagold.
- Cinnamon: It has a sweet woody flavor with a hint of lemon.
- Oatmeal: A whole grain cereal made from cut and crushed oat grains. They are often pre-steamed to shorten the preparation time.
- Walnuts: Give a nutty flavor to the oatmeal. Toast them lightly for even more flavor. You can also replace the walnuts with pecans. If you have a nut allergy, leave out the walnuts. You don't have to change anything about the recipe.
- Honey: To sweeten the oatmeal.
How to prepare Stove Top Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and slowly bring it to the boil. Add the oatmeal and cook it gently for five minutes while stirring occasionally. Then turn off the fire and let it stand with a lid on the pan until needed.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in the pan and add the apple sticks and gingerbread spices.
- Stir-fry the apples for two to three minutes until golden brown and soft.
- Put the oatmeal in a bowl and scoop the stewed apples and finely chopped walnuts. Pour some honey over it and serve right away!
Tips, Substitutions, and Variations
- Apples: Can also be replaced with pear.
- Simmer: To get creamy oatmeal, let it simmer. Make sure you stir occasionally so that the oatmeal does not burn.
- Honey: Can be omitted if you do not want to add extra sugars. Or use maple syrup, which also goes well with this breakfast.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons instant oats
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 apple peeled, cored and cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon walnuts chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon honey
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Pour the milk into a pan and slowly bring to the boil.¾ cup milk
- When the milk is boiling, add the oats, reduce the heat, and cook for five minutes while stirring.4 tablespoons instant oats
- In the meantime, melt the butter in the pan and add the apple and cinnamon. Bake for a minute or two while stirring, until the apple is soft.1 tablespoon butter, 1 apple, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Put the oatmeal in a bowl and spread the apple pieces and walnuts on this.1 tablespoon walnuts
- Drizzle honey on top.1 tablespoon honey
- Eat immediately.
- A firm, sweet apple, such as an Elstar or Jonagold.
- You can also replace apples with pears.
- You can store oatmeal in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Once you have added the toppings, you can no longer do so.
- If you want to eat the oatmeal later, you can do it cold (overnight oats) or add some milk and heat it in a pan or the microwave.