This delicious snack is great with a festive brunch buffet. The creamy yogurt, sweet honey and crunchy tangy pomegranate seeds (which burst in your mouth) gives this appetizer a sensational effect.
A really delicious recipe for a (christmas)brunch. And pretty healthy to! Thick yogurt with honey and pomegranate seeds. Delicious creamy with a sweet accent of honey , with the nutty flavor is combined with the fresh taste of the pomegranate .The recipe is slightly adapted from simoneskitchen.nl.
- you have limited time and don't want to make the whole kitchen dirty buy the pomegranate seeds already deseeded (believe me it is really a mess if you are going to try it yourself).
- because you toast the pistachio nuts, the nutty flavor is even better. And it smells delicious.
- you have limited time, you can replace the curd with Greek yogurt which you can buy at the supermarket.
- Pomegranate can be substituted with red currants (really delicious)
- This recipe is delicious as breakfast, but also as a part of a brunch at Easter, Christmas or any time you want to make one.
- You can't store this recipe in the freezer
- You can store it up to two days in the refrigerator. I personally wouldn't add the pistachios yet, because they will go soft. My tip is to slice them and then put them apart from the rest in an airtight jar and store them at room temperature.
to 3 days in advance:
- When you make your own thick yogurt, you can do that very well in advance. Let the yogurt drain for at least 8 hours and put the thickened yogurt in a sealed container. Keep in the refrigerator until use .
1 day before:
- Remove the pomegranate seeds from the pomegranate. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator .
- Mix the thick yogurt with the cream. Store in the refrigerator.
- Chop the pistachios finely and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
In the morning:
- Spoon the tablespoon of honey in the glass and pour over the thick yogurt with whipped cream. Store in the refrigerator .
Just before serving:
- Take out the glasses and spoon the honey on the yogurt. Sprinkle with the remaining ingredients .
- Wrap up with delicious brunch recipes for Mothers day brunch
- Shrimp with egg prepared in the steam oven
- Ham cheese croissants
- Cinnamon cream cheese rolls
It's a good taste!
Recipe Yogurt with honey
Did you make this yogurt with honey and pomegranate? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Yogurt with honey and pomegranate
- 250 mL yogurt full
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 125 mL cream
- 1 tablespoon pistachio nuts
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- Lay the cheese cloth in the sieve and put the sieve on the bowl.
- Pour the yogurt in and leave for at least 8 hours in the refrigerator to thicken.
- In every glass spoon 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Mix the thickened yogurt with the half and half and add to the glass.
- Spoon ½ tablespoon of honey on the yogurt.
- Chop the pistachios finely and sprinkle on the honey.
- Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds finally on top.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.