A delicious florentine eggs with spinach recipe. The eggs are still a bit soft, with fresh spinach and a delicious Mornay sauce.
A delicious brunch recipe: Florentine eggs. The eggs are cooked until they're slightly soft. The spinach is blanched and after that the veggies are placed with the eggs in a casserole. A delicious homemade Mornay sauce (with butter, egg yolk and crème fraîche) is the topping. A classic recipe from the French Kitchen.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Florentine eggs with
Did you make this Florentine eggs with spinach? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Florentine eggs with spinach
- 6 eggs
- pinch salt
- 300 grams spinach
- 60 grams butter unsalted
- 40 grams cheese matured, grated
For the Mornay sauce
- 1 ounce butter unsalted, 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 240 ml milk cold
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 80 ml crème fraîche
- 30 grams cheese matured, grated
- Heat a pan of salted water to the boil.
- Add six eggs and bring the water back to a boil.
- Then boil the eggs for 5 minutes.
- Peel the eggs under cold running water (let the shell peel easier) and set aside .
- Bring a second pan of salted water to the boil.
- Meanwhile, wash the spinach thoroughly.
- When the water boils, add the spinach .
- At the time the water boils again, you get the spinach out quickly and transfer it into a bowl of cold water so that the cooking process stops.
- Take the butter and melt.
- Make a sauce by adding the flour and stir with a whisk for about 1 minute carefully so that the flour remains white, doesn't brown and won't burn.
- Add the milk and bring to a boil.
- Mix the egg yolk and crème fraïche in a seperate bowl.
- When the sauce thickens add the egg mixture, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and mix in the cheese. Season with salt and pepper .
- Preheat the grill.
- Add 60 grams of butter in a pan, melt, add spinach and cook the spinach until it is completely depleted.
- Bring it to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put the spinach in a baking dish and level it.
- Divide the eggs on top and pour the Mornay sauce over it.florentijnse eieren
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese and put it under the grill for about 10 minutes (check now and then, the cheese should be brown but not burnt).
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.