Watermelon Cantaloupe Overnight Oats is a delicious breakfast recipe with creamy oatmeal, watermelon, cantaloupe, and pistachios. It's an incredibly easy recipe and my go-to oatmeal breakfast in the summer. Try it for yourself; you'll love this!
Watermelon Cantaloupe Overnight Oats
In the winter, I love a bowl of oatmeal. With mango, dates, and coconut, oats with apple and gingerbread spices (so delicious!), or fresh pomegranate seeds and cinnamon. A selection of the variations I often make. Healthy and delicious.
But in the summer, I often find it less attractive, a hot bowl of oatmeal. So then the oatmeal goes into the cupboard for a few months. Until I made this delicious recipe, instead of preparing the oatmeal with warm milk, soak the oatmeal in cold milk overnight. This makes it wonderfully creamy. And to make it a real party, I added delicious watermelon, Cantaloupe wedges, and a handful of pistachios. Irresistibly delicious! A top recipe!
This is a recipe inspired by David Bez's book Superstarters.
What do you need for Overnight Oats with Summer Fruits?
To prepare this Watermelon Cantaloupe Overnight Oats, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Oatmeal - Unprocessed whole grain oats from the supermarket. The cheapest kind is fine. You do not use quick-cooked variants or a flavor for this recipe (you add that flavor yourself).
- Milk - This recipe uses whole milk for a creamy taste. But you can also replace it with semi-skimmed milk. Do you want to go lactose-free? Then use soy milk.
- Ginger Powder - This spice gives a sweetness and a hint of ginger to the overnight oats.
- Watermelon - This melon's sweet, watery taste is at its best in summer.
- Cantaloupe - Not only does this firm melon taste wonderfully sweet, but it also looks very nice.
- Pistachios - Use unshelled (or peel them beforehand) nuts for this recipe.
How to prepare Summer Fruit Overnight Oats
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Place the oats in a bowl and add the milk.
- Add the ginger powder and mix well. Cover and let it soak in the fridge overnight.
- Cut the watermelon and Cantaloupe melon into cubes and add them to the overnight oats.
- Sprinkle some pistachios over it. Enjoy!
- ⅓ cup oats
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 small slice watermelon in cubes
- 1 slice Cantaloupe in slices
- 1 oz. pistachios
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- In a bowl, stir the milk and ginger, and add the oats.⅓ cup oats, ⅓ cup milk, 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Let it stand in the refrigerator overnight, so the oats absorb the milk.
- Add the oatmeal to the bowl the following day.
- Spread the watermelon, cantaloupe wedges, and pistachio nuts on the oatmeal.1 small slice watermelon, 1 slice Cantaloupe, 1 oz. pistachios
- Refrigerator - Make the overnight oats up to 3 days in advance and store them in an airtight container.