Toasted coconut almond granola gives you the energy you need for a good start to the day. And this homemade version contains everything you like. Nuts, spices, and delicious grains. The perfect breakfast. An easy recipe for a full jar.
Making your own breakfast cereal is fun to do, very easy and you can adjust the recipe to your own taste. I used to eat muesli and granola from the supermarket and then there were hard pieces of banana in it (really not my thing), apple cubes (but very chewy), and hard currants. But I didn't know any better and I just picked out the things I didn't like.
Until I started making granola recipes. I roast the dry ingredients for the homemade granola in the oven and, if I feel like it, add currants, raisins, apricots or other dried fruit after everything has cooled down. Or I add it in the morning when adding it to my bowl of yogurt. That way I can adjust it every day exactly to taste. It’s my favorite thing to do each morning
What oatmeal to use for this baked granola with coconut?
Use unprocessed whole grain oats from the supermarket. The cheapest type will do just fine. You do not use quick-cooked variants or with a flavor for this recipe (you add that flavor yourself).
Preparation simple toasted granola with oatmeal, coconut and almonds
You can find a recipe that you can easily print at the bottom of this blog.
You only need to take a few steps to prepare this easy granola. Heat the sugar-butter mixture and stir through the oats, coconut, and almonds. Spread on a baking plate and put it in the oven until it's crispy and golden brown.
- Oventemperature - Bake the coconut almond granola for 30 minutes in a preheated oven. When using a conventional oven set the temperature on 320 °F (160 °C). If your using a convectional oven then turn the temperature on to 285 °F (140 °C).
- Delicious addings - After cooling to roomtemperature you can add raisins, strips of dates, or other dried fruit, now is the time. Place in an airtight container or jar.
Muesli is made from oatmeal, combined with nuts, seeds, dried, and possibly other grains. No sweetener is added. Granola contains fat (oil or butter) and sugar. This is baked in the oven making it crispy and sweet. Then you can mix it with nuts, dark chocolate chunks, dried fruit, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. Don't add fresh fruit (add it just before serving otherwise you can't store your granola that long. The end result: a crunchy granola mixture
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
The Best Coconut Almond Granola recipe (toasted)
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- wooden spoon
- 1 stick butter unsalted
- ¼ cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon grounded
- 1¼ cups oatmeal
- ¼ cup coconut shredded
- 1 cup almonds
- Preheat the oven to 320 °F (160 °C).
- Line the baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a pan melt the butter, then add the sugar and cinnamon.1 stick butter, ¼ cups brown sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn down the heat and add the oatmeal, coconut, almonds, and combine.1¼ cups oatmeal, 1 cup almonds, ¼ cup coconut
- Distribute the granola on the baking dish, and if possible, make sure you got one layer.
- Put the baking plate for 15 minutes in the oven.
- Get it out and with a spatula turn the granola around.
- Put back in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Let cool down to room temperature and put it in an airtight jar.
- Room temperature - In a sealed airtight container, the granola will keep for up to 2 months.
- Frozen - Although the structure changes slightly, it is possible to store granola in the freezer. Place the granola in an airtight box or bag (with as little air as possible) and store it in the freezer for up to three months.