A delicious recipe for oatmeal with mango, coconut and date syrup. Sweet and fruity. This recipe will give you a lot of energy to get through every day.
Date syrup is made by cooking date juice to a syrup. It's readily available, off course in reform shops but in the Netherlands also in the supermarket. It's got a full flavor and is a great addition to this recipe. Don't forget it, by adding it you won't have any regrets.
- After preparing the oatmeal let it stand for 10 minutes so the oatmeal can soak all the liquids and becomes even more creamier.
- By roasting the coconut it gets a nutty flavor which, together with the mango and date syrup, make you forget you're in your kitchen instead of a beautiful tropical isle 😉
- Substitute water with milk for an even more creamy flavorful oatmeal. That way this recipe isn't lactose-free anymore, but it's stil gluten-free (if you use gluten free oatmeal, make sure you check the package)
- The mango can be substituted for peaches when they're in season.
- Add some roasted pistachios. They give a delicious crunch and combines well with all the ingredients.
- This recipe can't be stored or frozen. Eat it fresh.
How to slice a mango in two different ways:
Other delicious oatmeal recipes
- Apple and peach oatmeal crumble
- Oatmeal with pomegranate
- Oatmeal raisin cookies (without added refined sugars)
- Oatmeal with apple, gingerbread spices and walnut
Recipe Oatmeal with mango, coconut and date syrup
Did you make this oatmeal with mango, coconut and date syrup? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Oatmeal with mango, coconut and date syrup
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 200 ml water
- 30 grams oatmeal
- ½ mango
- 1 tablespoon coconut grated
- 1 tablespoon date syrup
- Put the water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Stir in the oatmeal and let it boil for 1 minute.
- Peel the mango and cut into cubes.
- Bake the coconut for a short time in a dry frying pan, until slightly brown.
- Put the oatmeal in a bowl and sprinkle the mango and coconut on top.
- Drizzle with date syrup.