Baileys Hot Chocolate - You can certainly call this hot chocolate a treat. Delicious with a dollop of whipped cream and a dash of Baileys. Quick and easy, ready in just 5 minutes. Enjoy with a capital E!
Baileys Hot Chocolate
Sometimes you just have to treat yourself. Bake something delicious, a glass of wine or this delicious hot chocolate with a dash of Baileys. A real adult version of hot chocolate. And this guilty pleasure is delicious until the last sip. You're really going to enjoy it. This is a lovely, simple, and quick recipe, ready in just five minutes but full of flavor. And, of course, you share this chocolate milk! At Christmas or Sinterklaas, for example.
And do you like chocolate milk? Then try this white hot chocolate, luxury hot chocolate, or Nutella hot chocolate.
What do you need for Hot Chocolate with Baileys?
To prepare this Baileys Hot chocolate, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Milk - To dissolve the chocolate to make creamy chocolate milk.
- Dark chocolate - For creamy, real chocolate milk, melt the chocolate in the milk. Use dark chocolate with more than 70% cocoa for a rich chocolate taste.
- Honey - To sweeten the hot chocolate.
- Baileys - A liqueur with a creamy taste. It is a mix of Irish cream, vanilla, and Irish whiskey. It contains 17% alcohol.
- Cream - Whip the cream with a tablespoon of sugar until stiff and use it as a topping on the chocolate milk.
- Cocoa - For a deeper chocolate taste (and because it just looks good 😉 )
How to prepare Simple Baileys Hot Chocolate
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Heat the milk in the pan and add the honey.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and add to the warm milk. Keep stirring until it is dissolved; otherwise, the chocolate will burn. Then turn off the fire.
- Pour the Baileys at the bottom of a bowl or glass and add the hot chocolate.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with cocoa. Serve immediately.
Serve. This tastes great when cold outside with Dutch gevulde speculaas, Dutch banketstaaf with apple, and spicy pear cake with olive oil.
Tips, Substitutions, and Variations
- Top the whipped cream with mini marshmallows, small chocolate fudge cubes, or chocolate curls.
- For even more chocolate, drizzle some chocolate sauce over the whipped cream.
- Delicious with the Original Baileys, but also try one of the other variants, such as salted caramel or chocolate de luxe.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Baileys Hot Chocolate
- 2½ cups milk
- 5 oz. dark chocolate chopped finely
- 4 teaspoons honey
- ½ cup Baileys
- ½ cup cream whipped, with sugar
- pinch Dutch unprocessed cocoa garnish
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Heat the milk in a saucepan.2½ cups milk
- Turn off the heat and dissolve the chocolate and honey in the milk. If the chocolate isn't completely dissolved, heat the milk a little more, but keep stirring. Otherwise, the chocolate burns.5 oz. dark chocolate, 4 teaspoons honey
- Pour some Baileys at the bottom of each cup.½ cup Baileys
- Pour the hot chocolate on top.
- Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle with cocoa powder.½ cup cream, pinch Dutch unprocessed cocoa
- Repeat for all mugs.
Amy Liu Dong says
Such a nice drink to have, especially in this cold weather.
I love it!