You know when you smell a fresh cup of coffee in the morning: this is an excellent start of the day. And that smell and the flavor of this sweet coffee muffins recipe. And what's a big win: it only takes 30 minutes to prepare. A delicious breakfast and brunch recipe which you're family is going to enjoy. Bon appetite!
Again, I made a recipe of a book of Dorie Greenspan, called: from my home to yours. I love this book, because it got such a lot of great baking recipes so I make a lot of recipes from it. These espresso muffins were so delicious that before I blinked my eyes, they seemed to be gone. The children were gone to and were very quite, while eating :-).
And so I am going to share the recipe with you.
Why use baking powder in this recipe?
In many recipes you use baking powder, but why do you add it? Baking powder ensures that air is created in your batter. This makes your muffins fluffy. Baking powder is a dry powder. And when you add moisture the baking powder will start reacting with the liquid and the air will come free. That's why your muffin is light and fluffy.
Baking powder is also added as a rising ingredient to self-raising flour. Therefor you can also use 2 cups (250 grams) self-raising flour in this recipe to get the same result.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to looking it up. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. Don't forget to save my recipes on Pinterest so you can find them easily next time. See you soon!
Quick coffee muffins recipe
- 250 gram flour
- 70 gram sugar
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 75 gram light brown sugar
- 240 ml espresso
- 115 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg size L
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Weigh and measure all the ingredients.
- Mix in a large bowl both sugars, flour, espresso powder and the baking powder.
- In a second bowl mix the liquid ingredients: the espresso, egg, melted butter and the vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid on the dry ingredients and mix fast with a wooden spoon. Lumps aren't a problem.
- Divide the batter in the cupcake baking tin and put it in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take the muffins out of the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Take the muffins out of the tin.
- Cool the muffins on a wire rack (or eat them immediately)