White chocolate mousse combined with carrot cake and a slightly sour apricot orange puree. A dessert that is really delicious.
Carrot cake parfait: an airy white chocolate mousse with carrot cake and sweet sour apricot orange puree. 3 recipes in one glass: each delicious on it's own, but combined a great dessert. Ideal for Easter or an other holiday, because you can pre prepare it.
It's a good taste!
Carrot cake parfait with white chocolate
Did you make this carrot cake parfait with white chocolate mousse? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Carrot cake parfait with white chocolate mousse
- 125 gram carrot grated
- 1 egg size L
- 50 grams sugar
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger ground
- 120 ml sunflower oil
- 100 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spices
white chocolate mousse
- 1 egg white size L
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 250 ml cream
- 100 gram white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon orange liquor Optional
apricot orange puree
- 8 apricots dried
- 1 orange juice and grated peel
- 1 tablespoon orange liquor
- 50 ml water
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Brush a round baking tin with oil and cover the bottom with parchment paper.
- Mix in a first bowl the grated carrot, egg, both sugars, oil and ginger with a fork.
- In a second bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt and gingerbread spices with a fork.
- Add the second bowl mixture with the first and mix until you've got a batter.
- Pour in the baking tin and make sure to flatten the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let it cool down to room temperature.
White chocolate mousse
- Melt the chocolate au-bain-marie (melt the chocolate in a bowl that hangs above a pan with boiling water)
- Mix the egg white until foamy, add the sugar and mix further until stif.
- Beat the half and half until it gets the thickness of yogurt.
- Optional: mix the orange liquor through the melted chocolate.
- Mix ⅓ of the egg white through the white chocolate.
- Then mix it with the cream.
- At last add the remaining egg white and mix gently with a spatula until it's incorporated.
- Put the bowl in the refrigerator to stiffen.
Apricot orange puree
- Add to a pan the apricots, orange juice and grate, liquor and water.
- Bring the boil and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Let it cool to room temperature and puree.
Prepare the parfait
- Divide the apricot compote in the glasses.
- In every glass add a scoop of white chocolate mousse.
- With a round cookie cutter (with the diameter of your chosen glass) cut out a round shaped piece of carrot cake.
- Place that on top of the mousse.
- Add another scoop of white chocolate mousse on top, flatten it with the back of a spoon.
- Take some pieces of carrot cake and crumble that on top of the parfait.
- Put in the refrigerator and let it stiffen for at least two hours.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.