A skinny chocolate mousse who doesn't dream of that? And this delicious mousse is creamy, decadent, and … nice and slim. A recipe that will be appreciated!
Skinny chocolate mousse, who hasn't got that dream. I think that that one would be very nice. Not forever, but as for January when I only let myself have a guilty pleasure once in a while it is very welcome to eat chocolate mousse without an immediate attack on my scale.
And now you can. Ricotta is used instead of cream in this recipe. And egg whites provide the airiness. And that way you get a chocolate mousse almost similar to the normal one.
Other Delicious Recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Skinny chocolate mousse with ricotta
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 250 grams ricotta
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 egg whites size L
- 100 grams sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Mix the ricotta with the cocoa until both are well blended.
- Hang a heatproof bowl in a pan of water. Put the sugar, salt, and egg whites in the bowl and turn the heat on (medium).
- While the water warms slowly beat the mixture with the whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and grab the mixer. Mix the egg whites until the whites are stiffened.
- Take two spoons of egg whites and mix with the ricotta with a spatula (so the ricotta aires a bit).
- Then add the remaining egg whites and stir them gently through the ricotta.
- Put the mixture into a piping bag and pipe the trays full. Of course, you can also use a spoon to get the mousse into the bowls.
- Store for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator so that everything stiffens properly.