An easy recipe for crispy roast potatoes with garlic and thyme. Delicious, simple and it tastes great. Try this simple recipe itself!
Are you still looking for an delicious potato side dish for Easter? Or do you want to serve something special on the table tonight? This oven potatoes with garlic and thyme are really a super delicious recipe and easy to prepare. But you will be surprised by the result. You get a delicious crispy outside and soft inside. A hint of garlic combined with thyme and olive oil and you can imagine yourself in Italy on one of those lovely summer days. I certainly can.
When you take the potaotes out of the oven, you sprinkle them with some coarse sea salt for a touch of extra flavor. And serve with a delicious piece of meat. That's always great with this side dish.
Tips roast potatoes easy recipe with thyme and
- By cooking the potatoes for 10 minutes in boiling water, they are quickly roasted in the oven and your oven time will be shorter. That way you serve this delicious potatoes on the table within 40 minutes. If you don't cook the potatoes before hand, you need to extend the oven time to one and a half hour.
- Let a frying pan heat well on the stove and add the potatoes there after 10 minutes of cooking. Therefore, the water evaporates immediately and the potatoes will have, after they have been in the oven, a delicious crunchy exterior.
- Leave the garlic in the husk in the oven. After baking, you can squeeze the garlic. When you mix with a little olive oil and salt you have a delicious dipper.
- You can also use unpeeled potatoes for roasted potatoes. That way it'll contain more vitamins because these are found directly under the skin. If you can get a hand on a red potato, it looks very festive with the bright yellow inside. Make sure that you choose an organic potato if you leave the skin on.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Easy recipe for roast potatoes with thyme and garlic
Easy recipe roast potatoes with garlic and thyme
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- Baking tray
- frying pan
- slotted spoon
- 800 grams potatoes floury
- 1 bulb garlic
- 20 grams fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse seasalt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Place the baking tray in the oven.
- Bring a pan with about 5 cm of water to a boil.
- Peel the potatoes (if you want) and halve them.
- Cut each potato then into wedges (diagonal cut).
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes in the hot water.
- Put a frying pan with olive oil on the fire and heat well.
- Remove potatoes with a slotted spoon from the pan (drain well) and put them in the hot frying pan.
- Allow 10 seconds to heat well and then turn the heat off.
- Remove the hot baking sheet from the oven (carefully and spread the potatoes on it).
- Divide the garlic and thyme between the potatoes.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the potatoes are golden.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve immediately.