Hasselback potatoes, potatoes sliced and baked in the oven until crispy. Served with Thyme, Parsley and sour cream. A delicious recipe
How fortunate I was cooking from the blog Lieziepeasy from Annelies for this months foodblogswap. Her blog (only in Dutch) contains delicious dishes that are nicely divided by category. And what a recipes: first I doubted about chopped figs with pecorino ( it sounds delicious), then the Indian curry with cauliflower (but that is such an obvious choice) and that's when I saw them: the Hasselback potatoes . That recipe I have on my to do list for so long.
The fact is that my husband is a real potato eater . He would like to eat it every day, in his case especially the boiled potatoes ( or not fired ). For me that is way to much. I do not want potatoes every day (max is up to two or three times a week) and also the simple cooked version is not really one of my favorites. I'd rather loved diced cubes, oven fries, rosti and potato pancake or baked potato. But after this delicious recipe there is another variant which I'm going to make: the hassel backed potato (also approved by my husband!). Tasty crispy outside with a lovely soft creamy inside.
It's a good taste!
- 800 grams potatoes organic and floury
- salt and pepper at taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or flavored oil such as rosemary or thyme oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 15 grams thyme fresh
- 4 tablespoons sour cream optional garnish
- 15 grams parsley optional garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Put the olive oil in a small pan with butter and put it on low heat until the butter has melted.
- Turn off the heat source.
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly.
- Cut the potatoes until it reaches 1 cm above the bottom in slices as thin as possible.
- Brush the potatoes with the butter / olive oil and place in the baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the baking dish in the oven for 30 minutes and brush again after 30 minutes with the butter / oil mixture.
- Put the dish back in the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Remove the bowl, brush again with the butter / olive oil mixture and sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves.
- Get the dish back in the oven for 10 minutes and serve.
- It is wonderful to garnish the potatoes with sour cream and chopped parsley, although they are also delicious au Naturel!