This creamy smoothie with pomegranate and cranberry and a hint of coconut is a great boost in the morning. I like!
Okay, maybe it's not the first thing you'd think of when you are planning a Christmas breakfast, but this smoothie is a delicious drink on Christmas morning. The Greek yogurt gives it a very creamy taste. The cranberries and pomegranate are a sweet accent (and of course add to the Christmas atmosphere) and the extra touch comes from the coconut.
The recipe came to me because we mostly eat brunch at Christmas. The breakfast is passed and then we throw ourselves in all sorts of goodies. And we start to brunch a bit later then breakfast, around an hour or 12. My stomach is growling by that time and I could actually use a bottom. Hence the Christmas smoothie arose. Just enough to take me to brunch (and as a bonus get some vitamines inside) and you're not mega full after drinking it.
Recipe Christmas smoothie
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to seeing it. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. Don't forget to save my recipes on Pinterest so you can find them easily next time. See you soon!
- 3 tablespoons coconut grated
- 400 ml Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons cranberries fresh
- Dip the edge of your glass in water, followed by the grated coconut.
- Add the Greek yogurt, pomegranate and cranberries to the bowl of a blender and smoothen everything nice and fluffy.
- Pour into the glass.
- Top with some shredded coconut and pomegranate.