Caprese pasta salad: The tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and capers combined with pasta give this Italian pasta salad a flavor explosion in your mouth. Cold served it is a delicious dish for a picnic.
This easy salad is an Italian pasta salad where as you combine mozzarella with flavors of basil and capers. Creamy, peppery, sour and sweet this pasta salad has it all. And it is easy and simple to make: within 15 minutes the salad is prepared and can be stored in the refrigerator until later use.
Tips easy salad:
- By choosing quality products this pasta salad gets so much more flavor. So choose the best ingredients you can find;
- Tear the basil leaves instead of cutting. This way the edges will not brown;
- Because you rinse the pasta right after cooking, it does not cook through and continues to hold a bite.
1 day before:
This pasta salad can be made one day in advance and refrigerate until use.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Caprese pasta salad
- 300 grams tomatoes skin peeled, deseeded and sliced in cubes
- 200 grams mozzarella in cubes
- 10 leafs basil fresh, sliced in strips
- 1½ dl olive oil
- 350 grams fusilli or another pasta
- ½ tablespoon capers rinsed
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Mix the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and olive oil in a bowl.
- Cook the pasta according to the manufacturers instructions al dente and rinse with cold water afterwards.
- Mix with the tomato mixture.
- Add the capers and mix thoroughly.
- Store for at least an hour in the refrigerator for extra flavor.