Tacos are Mexican street food, and these beef tacos are made with homemade tomato salsa and minced beef sauce.
A tasty and easy meal are tacos with minced beef sauce and tomato salsa. And everyone can prepare their own tacos at your table. More or less minced meat sauce, a lot of salad and a delicious tomato salsa as a topping. And everything ready within 20 minutes. You will certainly make these tacos more often whenever your in need for a taco.
If you prefer a vegetarian version, then these tacos with sweet potato and beans are highly recommended.
It's a good taste!
Recipe beef tacos with homemade tomato
Beef tacos with homemade tomato salsa
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 3 tomatoes take out seeds
- 1 small red onion
- ½ red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 15 grams coriander or parsley
- 1 lime
- salt to taste
Minced beef sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 500 grams minced beef
- 3 teaspoons Taco seasoning + possibly extra to taste
- 400 grams sieved tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
Taco time with garnish
- 10 taco shells
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes washed and quartered
- 300 grams iceberg lettuce sliced
- 50 grams Cheddar grated
- coriander or parsley to taste
- lime wedges to taste
- creme fraiche
- Cut the tomatoes, onion, pepper, herbs and garlic very small. Mix everything.
- Sprinkle with lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Store in the refrigerator until use
Minced beef sauce
- Put the oil in the pan and fry the minced meat.
- Add the herbs and mix well.
- Pour in the sieved tomatoes and add the sugar.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Taste and season with salt, pepper and extra herbs.
- Prepare the taco shells by heating them in the oven.
- Fill each shell with iceberg lettuce, minced meat mixture, cherry tomatoes and some chopped herbs.
- Add lime juice to taste.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Eat the shell with the salsa and top everything with the crème fraîche.