A delicious recipe for a French lentil soup with bacon. The structure is velvety soft, the soup has a lot of flavor and the crispy and salty bacon finishes it off.
French lentil soup with bacon, do you also see the word French appearing. French as in cuisine, well what does that mean? Further research shows that there is no typical French cuisine, because France is so big, there are various regional cuisines that together make up the French cuisine. Also in terms of ingredients. In the North, for example, they use a lot of cream, butter and apples. In the South of France they don't and use olive oil, tomatoes and Mediterranean herbs. The country is very vast and almost every region has its own local special products. In short, the French cuisine is very rich. Is there even a typical feature of the French kitchen? Yes, the French are fond of good quality food and have a strong preference to local and regional products as the basis of their meals. They prepare meals from scratch instead of buying fabric-made food. In that sense, it's a kitchen that fits perfectly with this blog!
Tramento Rick and Mary Goodbody
This book contains about 50 recipes, divided into seasons and in different types of appetizers: soups, vegetables, pasta , fish, meat and spoon amuses, juice amuses, foam amuses and savory appetizers.
And it is suposed to serve the amuses before dinner as . As the authors point the amuse-bouche are little bites of food to amuse the mouth, invigorate the palate, whet the appetite. And is made of the best ingredients. So you get great taste sensations.
- Very tasteful dishes. I have already made several dishes and they are all delicious;
- Clear descriptions of the dishes and preparations ;
- The book gives great background information on each recipe dishes, flavors and how to serve;
- Introducing not very familiar techniques such as foaming;
- Flavor combinations that are very surprising and very tasteful.
- The writers go for the best ingredients. Therefor not everything is easily available;
- The recipes are not difficult, but take some time to make;
- The recipes uses cups instead of grams.
I have made a lot of recipes from this book and these are quite delicious recipes, which whom I always make a good impression. If you have a dinner party where you want to shine as a cook, you can definitely make the recipes from this book. However, there are some recipes that, partly because the ingredients are more difficult to come by , aren't easy to achieve. This book is definitely a winner, so a 8.5 for this cook book ! Do you want this book in your bookcase? You can get it via amazon.com for example, check out this link:amuse bouche
It's a good taste!
Recipe French lentil soup with
adapted from amuse- bouche
Did you make this French lentil soup with bacon? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
French lentil soup with bacon
- 30 grams bacon finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon carrot finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon celery finely chopped
- 500 mL water
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Put the bacon in a saucepan and put it on low heat, until grease begins to be released.
- Increase the heat and then fry the bacon until crispy.
- Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- Put the same pan back on low heat, add the onion, carrot and celery.
- Toss well ( so that the delicious taste of bacon inherits) and cook, while stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils, scoop them around and then add the water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and reduce heat to low and simmer until the lentils are tender about 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender and strain the soup in the sieve.
- Put everything back in the pan and on the stove until it is hot. Spoon the soup into a bowl and sprinkle bacon on top.
Leave a Reply