This pita grilled cheese sandwich is one of my favorite lunch dishes. A deliciously warm vegetarian sandwich with melted goat cheese and honey and topped with roasted walnuts and sesame mix. Ready in 15 minutes. Tasty and different!
Pita Grilled Cheese
Typical Dutch: I like bread for lunch. All types (sliced, buns, white or flavored) and toppings like cheese, deli meat, or sweets. But now and then, I feel like something different.
So then these pita grilled goat cheese sandwiches, roasted walnuts, and melted goat cheese, enriched with a light honey flavor, are a delicious recipe.
And if you need even more inspiration.
On my lunch recipes page, I have delicious recipes, such as Old-fashioned Dutch waffles, a sushi bowl with sriracha chicken, and homemade sausage rolls. Take a quick look for more delicacies.
What do you need for a pita grilled goat cheese sandwich?
To prepare this pita grilled cheese, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Pita bread - is flat bread with a soft crust, which you briefly bake or toast. Then, you cut it lengthwise, creating a pocket.
- Goat cheese - Use soft, natural goat cheese and let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before use. As a result, it mixes better.
- Honey - Provides a slightly spicy sweetness.
- Walnuts - Provide a nutty flavor to the cookies. Toast them lightly for even more flavor. You can also replace the walnuts with almonds or pecans. If you have a nut allergy, omit the walnuts. You don't have to change anything in the recipe.
- Sesame seed - This seed has a nutty flavor. Roasting it briefly makes the flavor stronger.
How to prepare Goat Cheese and Honey Pita Pocket
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Cut the pita bread open, so you get a small pouch, and fill each with a tablespoon of goat cheese.
- Drizzle the cheese with a teaspoon of honey.
- Toast the chopped walnuts and sesame in a dry frying pan until they smell nutty. This takes one to two minutes.
- Toast the buns for five minutes in the oven at 390 °F (200 °C) on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Remove from the oven, sprinkle the pitas with the walnut sesame mixture, and serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Pita Grilled Cheese
- 4 pita bread
- 4 tablespoons soft goat cheese
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 oz. walnuts
- ½ oz. sesame seeds
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Preheat the oven to 390 °F or 350 °F.
- Cut the pita bread open while creating a pouch.4 pita bread
- Fill the bag with a tablespoon of goat cheese and a teaspoon of honey.4 tablespoons soft goat cheese, 4 teaspoons honey
- Bake the pita bread in the oven. The easiest way is to hang them in the grid to stand upright.
- In the meanwhile, chop the walnuts.1 oz. walnuts
- Toast the walnuts and sesame in a dry pan.½ oz. sesame seeds
- Get the pita bread when they are nicely browned and crispy from the oven and sprinkle it with the sesame walnut mixture.
You cannot keep this pita bread with goat cheese. Eat them right away. 5. The nutritional value is per pita grilled cheese sandwich with topping.
Leave a Reply