Dutch sausage rolls, flavorful sausage covered by a crispy bread dough. Ones tasted you know why it's such a popular and traditional recipe in the Netherlands.
The last day of the Carnival, and we celebrated that with .... sausage rolls. A traditional snack in our State. Nice and warm and easy. Of course I make them myself. That way you can taste the meat really good! And without unnatural additives, which is also great. And so you get a pure snack. And the use of ground beef makes that it doesn't have too many calories!
It's a good taste!
Did you make this Dutch sausage rolls? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Dutch sausage rolls
- Mixer with dough hooks or a kitchen machine with dough hooks
- Tea towel, slightly moist
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Rolling pin
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- 250 grams flour
- 6 gram salt
- 70 grams butter
- 10 grams sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 125 mL milk
- 500 grams ground beef
- 1 biscuit
- 1 egg size L
- pepper freshly ground
- nutmeg grated
- 1 egg for brushing
- Put a pan on the stove and heat the milk and butter until the butter is melted.
- Allow to cool to lukewarm ( about 37 degrees ).
- Mix in a bowl the flour, salt and sugar.
- Then add the yeast, egg and milk mixture to the bowl.
- Mix with the dough hook for 5 minutes. If you want to knead by hand, then that's possible too. Prolong the kneading time about 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces and make balls of them .
- Let stand for 10 minutes under a slightly wet cloth.
- Meanwhile put, in a second bowl all the ingredients for the meat and mix well.
- Divide the meat mixture into six and make a role of every part equal thickness and length.
- In a small bowl beat the egg with a fork. Put aside
Preparing the sausage rolls
- Layer a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grab a ball of dough and roll it thinly with a rolling pin.
- The dough piece must have the size that the meat roll can easily fold inside.
- Then put the meat roll on it and brush the edge of the dough with the egg yolk.
- Fold the top and bottom (narrow sides of the meat roll) inward and then fold the other two sides, facing each other. Press the seam tight.
- Place the buns seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Repeat for all six rolls.
- Cover the rolls and let rise for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat the oven in the last 10 minutes to 200 degrees Celsius .
- Brush the top of the rolls with the egg mixture and slide the baking plate in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.