This chicken and rice salad are surprising and delicious. With rice, sweet raisins, spicy shallot, crunchy nuts, and great spices a top recipe.
Already the last day of the holiday. And the six weeks were wonderful and went by so fast. First we went to Spain were we were able to relax, rest and also catch some sun. Oh, and eating good food, of course, because the food is great for sure.
Then for another two weeks, we enjoyed the peace in the Netherlands and last week the challenge of children's holiday week. And that was another exceptional week, full of activities. And now I'm almost longing back to holidays (just kidding).
From Monday we go again full hand on deck with the blog and I have many recipes that I tried out for you. Not all recipes have got the Summer theme, but you'll definitely will see a few delicious summer recipes come by.
A rice salad as a side dish for a delicious BBQ
We end this summer series in style with this barbecue side dish: Rice salad with curry and chicken.
This recipe is prepared with smoked or cold chicken. That way you don't need much time to prepare this dish. But if you got some chicken leftover this recipe is a really great way to use it.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
- 150 grams white rice uncooked
- 100 gram raisins
- 1 shallot
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 125 gram smoked chicken
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder ground
- salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the pack.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Boil some water and turn the heat of..
- Put the raisins into the hot water and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove the raisins from the water and pat dry.
- Chop the shallot and chop the walnuts.
- In a bowl, mix the rice with raisins, shallots, walnuts and chicken.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the curry and spoon through the salad until well blended.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper