Spare ribs are an all time favorite on the BBQ. And these spare ribs are marinated with honey, soy sauce and bourbon. You will certainly make this recipe more often in the coming summers!
Spare ribs belong to a BBQ party. At least according to my family. And that is not surprising because the smoky taste that you get when grilling on charcoal fits wonderfully with this piece of meat. By pre-baking them in the oven and grill them afterwards, they get tender and juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside. The meat literally falls off the bones.
We have been busy throughout the week with delicious American BBQ recipes. After we started with a delicious vanilla rose iced tea and a Licor 43 Sangria Blanca, we made bacon and bourbon chicken kebabs, grilled gamba's with a cashew nut sauce and served that all with a delicious blueberry melon salad. And today, not to be missed at this BBQ, delicious honey bourbon spareribs. And that doesn't even end this week. So keep an eye on the blog for even more delicious recipes!
It's a good taste!
Recipe: Honey Bourbon BBQ
Honey bourbon BBQ spare ribs
- Baking tray
- 2 spare ribs
- 100 ml soy sauce sweet soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce salt
- 100 ml bourbon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- Put both soy sauces, bourbon, honey and garlic in a bowl and mix well.
- Place ⅓ of the marinade in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Cut the spare ribs into pieces of 2 to 3 ribs
- Spread half the marinade on the spare ribs and let the flavors withdraw for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven halfway to 130 degrees Celsius.
- Coat the spare ribs again with the marinade and place them individually on a square piece of aluminum foil that is large enough to wrap the spare ribs.
- Discard the marinade with which you have coated the raw spare ribs.
- Fold the aluminum foil shut so that no air can escape from it and place on a baking sheet. Repeat for all ribs.
- Bake the ribs in the oven for 2 hours (you can prepare this one day in advance)
- Take the ribs from the aluminum foil.
- Make sure the grill is properly heated.
- Coat the ribs with the marinade that you put away in the beginning and grill them for 10 minutes or until they are brown and crispy.