This recipe for chicken souvlaki includes deliciously spiced chicken, served with crunchy lettuce in pita bread. Of course with a delicious dollop of homemade tzatziki sauce.
Souvlaki is a typical Greek dish. It is made from either lamb, pork, or chicken. It is eaten grilled over a charcoal fire and most of the time in Greece with pita bread. And that is exactly what we are going to do with the Greek buffet.
The souvlaki let deliciously marinated with herbs, honey, and lemon. In addition, we serve a homemade tzatziki sauce.
- you add lemon juice to the marinade, the meat is nice and tender. But don't marinate longer than 20 minutes. The lemon will break down the meat too far and it could fall apart.
- your grilling meat, it gets extra flavor. To ensure that the meat does not burn when grilled, you add oil to the marinade.
- it is cooked on the grill it's also a great dish for the bbq. You can also put the chicken meat on skewers.
In the morning:
- Make the marinade, put it in a jar, and tighten the lid. Store at room temperature until use (not in the refrigerator because of the oil).
- Cut the chicken into cubes and store covered with a plastic foil in the refrigerator.
Recipe Chicken Souvlaki
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- bbq of grill
- 1 kg chicken breast
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2 lemons juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 10 pita breads and ice berg letuce
- Preheat the oven and bake the pita breads until done.
- Cut the chicken breast into 2 x 2 cm cubes.
- Make a marinade of olive oil, lemon juice, honey, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken in the marinade and mix well.
- Let everything marinate for 15 minutes.
- Grill the meat on the barbecue (in a special scale) or in a grill pan and fry the meat in the pan until it's golden brown and done.
- Serve with pita bread and tzatziki sauce
- this recipe is good for 5 people when served as dinner. As a dish at a BBQ or buffet you can serve 10.