This recipe for chicken souvlaki includes delicious spiced chicken, served with a crunchy lettuce in a pita bread. Of course with a delicious dollop of homemade tzatziki sauce.
Souvlaki is a typical Greek dish. It is made from either lamb, pork or chicken. It is eaten grilled over a charcoal fire and most of the times in Greece with pita bread. And that is exactly what we are going to do with the Greek buffet.
The souvlaki let deliciously marinated with herbs, honey and lemon. In addition, we serve a homemade tzatziki sauce.
- you add lemon juice to the marinade, the meat is nice and tender. But don't marinate longer then 20 minutes. The lemon will break down the meat to far and it could fall apart.
- your grilling meat, it gets extra flavor. To ensure that the meat does not burn when grilled, you add oil to the marinade.
- it is cooked on the grill it's also a great dish for the bbq. You can also put the chicken meat on skewers.
In the morning:
- Make the marinade, put in a jar and tighten the lid. Store at room temperature until use (not in the refrigerator because of the oil).
- Cut the chicken into cubes and store covered with a plastic foil in the refrigerator.
It's a good taste!
Did you make this chicken souvlaki? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
- 1 kg chicken breast
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2 lemons juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 pita breads and ice berg letuce
- this recipe is good for 5 people when served as dinner. As a dish at a BBQ or buffet you can serve 10.
- Preheat the oven and bake the pita breads until done.
- Cut the chicken breast into 2 x 2 cm cubes.
- Make a marinade of olive oil, lemon juice, honey, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken in the marinade and mix well.
- Let everything marinate for 15 minutes.
- Grill the meat on the barbecue (in a special scale) or in a grill pan and fry the meat in the pan until it's golden brown and done.
- Serve with pita bread and tzatziki sauce