Crispy Parmesan Zucchini Chips deliciously flavored with a delicious herb mixture and Parmesan cheese. You can make this crunchy snack in the Air Fryer within fifteen minutes and then you have a delicious snack with a crispy texture to munch on in front of the TV (which I like). Make it yourself quickly!
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
I like a bowl of potato chips every now and then. Well, not always healthy and that's why I try to limit myself. But what if you eat a healthier snack that tastes like chips instead? Well, I'll raise my hand to try it.
You make these healthier alternative chips yourself from thin slices of zucchini that you can season with herbs, Panko, and Parmesan cheese. Grill it in the Air Fryer (or in the oven if you don't have an Air Fryer) and you have an irresistibly tasty snack.
Or when you watch TV in the evening. Because it's ready within 15 minutes, and you'll only need a handful of ingredients, it can be made at just the right time for the tasty appetite. Try this healthy snack for yourself.
What do you need for Crispy Zucchini Chips
For the preparation of these vegetable chips with Zucchini and Parmesan cheese you need the following ingredients (you can find the correct amounts at the bottom of the blog in the recipe card):
- Zucchini - Are fresh zucchini boring? No, it is a super versatile vegetable. You can use it in different ways: zucchini boats, zucchini fries, or as a quiche. But cut it into thin slices and grill in the oven or air fryer and you have a delicious snack. And this is one of
- Panko - Panko is the Japanese variation on breadcrumbs. It has the advantage that it tastes more crumbly and fluffier. But if you don't have it, you could also use breadcrumbs.
- Egg white - Use the egg white for breading, which is a bit lighter than dipping it in creamy egg yolk.
- Parmesan cheese - A delicious salty cheese from the Italian kitchen, which melts wonderfully in the grill and gives the zucchini chips a wonderful taste.
- Spices - Paprika powder, garlic powder, and chili powder. Each store-bought potato chips has its own spice mixture and of course these zucchini chips too. The ultimate flavor combination for these delicious vegetable chips.
How to make air fry zucchinis
An easy recipe with extensive steps, the right amount of ingredients, and which you can also easily print can be found at the bottom of the blog.
- Seasonings - Make the topping by mixing the panko with the Parmesan cheese and herbs.
- Coating - Cut the zucchini into thin slices. A mandolin or grater is very nice for this, because all slices are then equally thick and the zucchini slices are cooked at the same time. Dip the slices in the egg white so that they are coated.
- Breading - Cover both sides of the zucchini with the panko mixture and press down briefly. Shake off the excess.
- Grilling - Divide the courgette slices over the bottom of the Airfryer and bake for 15 minutes at 390 °F (200 °C) until crispy.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips Recipe
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs or regular bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 egg whites beaten
- 1 zucchini thinly sliced or sliced (approx. ⅛ inch (¼ cm))
- In a small bowl, combine the Panko, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, salt, and black pepper.2 cups panko breadcrumbs, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon paprika powder, ¼ teaspoon chili powder, ¼ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Put the two egg whites in a second bowl2 egg whites
- Dip the zucchini rounds in the egg whites and give them an egg wash.1 zucchini
- Then dip it into the bowl of Panko mix. Press it down briefly so that it is well covered on each side of the zucchini and then shake off the excess.
- Place the slices in the Air Fryer basket and bake for 15 minutes at 390 °F (200 °C). Shake in between so that the hot air will get to all the zucchini slices and baking is as even as possible.
- Eat them warm or let them cool to room temperature. Enjoy this healthier option with your favorite dipping sauce like a honey mustard dip.