This recipe for a creamy apple crunch is a great dessert in fall and winter. But off course also for Thanksgiving dinner. And because you put it in it's own jar, it's easy to serve.
Apples and fall are a true combination. Because of course that's their harvest season, but also because they store well. Some can even be stored whole winter. And it's a welcome substitute with citrus in winter.
And you can not only eat this great fruit raw, but you can make delicious warm and cold desserts with them. One of them I made for Thanksgiving dinner: a hot and creamy apple crumble dessert.
You can prepare it early and keep it cool in the refrigerator. Later on you can heat it up in the oven so it's served hot at dessert.
- apples contain a lot of juice and some are better for baking then others, make sure to use granny smith or an other baking apple for great result.
- you coat the apples with a lemon mixture they won't brown in the refrigerator.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Apple crumble in a
Did you make this apple crumble in a jar? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Apple crumble in a jar
- 40 gram whole wheat flour
- 30 gram oats
- 60 gram brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon gingerbread spices
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 75 grams butter unsalted
- 600 grams apples baking apple like Goudreinet
- 30 grams butter unsalted
- 30 grams flour
- 30 ml water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60 ml honey
- ½ teaspoon gingerbread spices
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Add to a bowl the ingredients for the topping.
- Mix them with your fingertips until you've got a crumble mixture.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator.
- Melt the butter and mix with the flour, water, lemon, vanilla extract, honey and gingerbread spices.
- Peel the apples, take the core out and slice into small cubes.
- Mix the butter mixture with the apples.
- Take small jars or cups and put the apple mixture in (make the jars very full, because in the oven it will get a bit less volume.
- Spread the crumble mixture over the apple jars and put in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve warm.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Baking paper or baking mat
- Canning jar