A tasty homemade Italian Ciabatta bread. Easy to make and infused with garlic and rosemary. You will certainly make this bread more often!
A delicious bread with a grill or barbecue . Easy to use and yet very tasteful. Packed with fresh herbs .Off course you can choose how strong the garlic flavor should be. But I add about a whole garlic bulb. That certainly gives a lot of flavor. And the rosemary gives a touch of elegance and a new tone in flavor. Really delicious.
- If you want to make your own Ciabatta, you can easily do this with this recipe.
- Because you bake the garlic bulb in the oven, it becomes very soft and after mixing it with olive oil you can smear it well.
- Replace the rosemary with thyme.
- Replace the Ciabatta with focaccia bread, also very tasty
- Delicious with a BBQ as a side dish.
- Or with a delicious raclette, look here for a wrap up for inspiration.
- if you want to make it more budget friendly make the Ciabatta yourself. The price of baking yourself will be € 0.30 cent per Ciabatta.
- Plant fresh parsley, chives and basil in a pot. You will enjoy this for months and, if you get these plants from a cheaper super, you will end up much cheaper.
A budget friendly version is € 1.20 per bread
- Once you have baked the bread, you can no longer keep it.
- But you can freeze this bread before baking. Finish it off completely and keep it in plastic wrap. You can store the bread in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Other delicious bread
It's a good taste!
Recipe Ciabatta with rosemary and
Did you make this Ciabatta with rosemary and garlic? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Ciabatta with rosemary and garlic
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 twigs rosemary needles only
- 1 loaf ciabatta
- 1 pinch coarse sea salt
- Cut the top of the garlic bulb ( so you can see down the cloves ) and place the bulb in a fireproof dish.
- Sprinkle with a teaspoon of salt and a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Put this one hour in the oven at 190 degrees Celsius.
- When the garlic gets out of the oven, allow it to cool briefly and then squeeze the garlic in a bowl.
- Add 60 mL of olive oil and mix well .
- Raise the temperature of the oven to 225 degrees .
- Cut the bread with a knife, not through and through (about 1 cm above the base).
- Brush the sides with the garlic / olive oil mixture .
- Sprinkle the bread with rosemary and 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Put the bread in the oven and let the bread bake 20 to 25 minutes . When the bread gets to dark, you can cover it with aluminum foil.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.