Chocolate and bread are a delicious combination. Served warm with melted butter, and you have a delicious snack. The creamy white chocolate gives a crunchy bite.
If you want to surprise your love with a delicious breakfast, then this chocolate bread with white chocolate is a great idea. A slightly sweet bread, which is delicious served warm with some butter.
Yes, I'm a food lover. And occasionally you can treat yourself right? This chocolate bread is so delicious. Creamy, with a soft taste and a chocolate accent. Delicious to eat warm and as a nice site effect your whole house smells delicious.
The spices gives a great warm flavor to this bread. That way you bake this delicious bread, where you can pamper your family (and yourself).
- By combining yeast, milk and sugar the yeast will be activated after five minutes. That way you can check very easily if your yeast is still working. If you don’t see any bubbles arise on top, your yeast won’t work anymore and you should use a new batch.
- The sugar added to your yeast mixture is yeast “food”. They convert the sugar to oxygen which makes your bread airy. Don’t discard the sugar for that case.
- By placing first a slightly wet towel and then cover that with plastic foil you get a moist warm environment while rising the bread. That way your dough remains moist and rise faster.
- Substitute white chocolate with milk chocolate
- A great substitute is to replace 85 grams of white chocolate with 30 grams white, 30 gram milk and 30 grams dark chocolate.
- Add 50 grams chopped walnuts to the dough (when adding the chocolate)
- Replace butter with margarine
- Replace white chocolate with milk chocolate
The price of this budget friendly version becomes €1.25 for the whole bread
- Normally you’ll eat the bread the same day, because it will get stale.
- In a special bread container bread will stay fresh up to 3 days.
- Don’t store bread in the refrigerator. Because of the moist in a refrigerator, the bread gets a different structure. Not really tasty.
- Bread can be frozen quite well up to two weeks. Take the bread of the freezer 3 hours before you’re planning to eat. If you want to eat your bread warm, you bake it 3 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius (right out of the freezer).
Other delicious bread
It's a good taste!
Recipe Chocolate bread with white
Did you make this chocolate bread with white chocolate? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Chocolate bread with white chocolate
This recipe is:
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- Baking tray
- Mixer with dough hooks or a kitchen machine with dough hooks
- Kitchen towel
- plastic foil
- 5 grams yeast dry
- 250 ml water lukewarm
- 340 gram flour
- 30 grams cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spices
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 30 grams brown sugar
- 80 grams white chocolate coarsely chopped
- 25 grams butter room temperature
- Dissolve the yeast with 1 teaspoon of sugar in the lukewarm water.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. (When bubbles are formed, the yeast is good, otherwise you should use new yeast).
- Mix the flour with the cocoa, cinnamon, salt and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Pour the yeast in and start kneading. When it becomes a cohesive dough, put the dough from the bowl onto a floured work surface.
- Continue to knead until you have a smooth and elastic dough, about 10-15 minutes. You can also use a mixer with dough hooks.
- Grease a bowl with oil and place the dough in it. Turn the dough once, and cover the bowl with a damp tea towel. Cover with a plastic wrap and place the dough in a warm place.
- Let it rise for 1 hour.
- Transfer the dough onto the floured work surface and press out the air.
- Press into a flat piece and spread the chocolate over it. Knead the dough slightly, so that the chocolate is well distributed. Let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Form a half ball (see photo) and place on a baking tray.
- Cover with a greased piece of plastic wrap.
- Let it rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Heat after 30 minutes the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- After rising, slide the tray in the oven and bake the bread for 10 minutes. Then lower the temperature to 190 degrees and bake another 30 minutes.
- Remove the plate from the oven and brush the bread with melted butter.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.