Spelt meal is a healthy cereal. And it's very tolerable by many people. So therefor today a recipe with spelt flour.
A crunchy bread from your own oven. Made of spelt and sweetened with honey. Creamy and with lots of flavor. The recipe is for 2 loaves so you can enjoy this bread for a longer time.
- You can also knead the dough and run the first rise with the bread baking machine. Then add the ingredients according to the manufacturer's recipe and turn the machine on. In this recipe continue with the text: pour the dough ...;
- You can also rub the bread with melted butter afterwards, for a beautiful shine and a full taste.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Whole grain spelt
Did you make this whole grain spelt bread? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Whole grain spelt bread
- 180 grams water lukewarm
- 7 grams dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 350 grams milk
- 25 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 16 grams salt
- 350 grams spelt whole flour
- 500 grams spelt flour
- Mix the yeast with the sugar in the water.
- Let stand for 10 minutes until you see bubbles appear. This is the sign that the yeast is still working. If you don't get any bubbles then you have to use new yeast.
- Mix in a bowl the vinegar, milk, butter, honey and the yeast mixture and stir well.
- Add 250 grams spelt flour and mix everything.
- Add the rest of the flour and the meal and knead for about 5 minutes.
- Spoon the salt and knead again for 10 minutes.
- At that moment, feel whether the dough is too wet or too dry (it should not stick, but all the flour should be included). Add some water or flour if necessary.
- Make a ball of the dough.
- Grease a bowl of oil and place the dough in it.
- Turn it over once so that all sides are covered with oil. Cover the bowl with plastic foil and allow the dough to rise for one and a half hours.
- Pour the dough onto a lightly greased work place and divide the dough into two.
- Roll up each piece of dough. Make sure to roll tight.
- Leave the dough to rest for 20 minutes under a kitchen towel.
- Push both pieces into a rectangle with a width that is as wide as the baking tin. Roll the bread tight and place it in the baking tin with the seam down.
- Cover the baking trays with plastic wrap.
- Allow to rise for about 1 hour at room temperature and in the meantime preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Bake the loaves in 35 minutes until tender and brown.
- Check whether the bread is done by knocking on the underside of the bread. When it is done, the bread sounds hollow.
- Deposit on a grid and let it cool down further.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.