This cinnamon apple bread is no ordinary loaf, allow me to introduce to you a delightful creation that not only satisfies but also fills your home with a comforting aroma. This cinnamon swirl apple bread is the best in seasonal baking and creativity: sweet bread that offers a delightful twist on classic sweet breads.
Embracing Autumn Flavors: Easy Homemade Apple Bread
With the arrival of autumn, there's an abundance of fresh apples. This is the season that apple harvest is at his top and the sweet crisp taste of apples is unbeatable. I always love to bake with flavors of season and this cinnamon swirl apple bread is the perfect example.
This recipe gives rich bread with the sweetness of apples and the warmth of cinnamon. The sweet and spicy aroma that fills your home while it bakes is nothing short of blissful.
Bake this cinnamon swirl apple bread
The addition of apple chunks and a cinnamon sugar spiral through the bread transforms this in a delicious sweet treat. A great baking adventures for a sweet and delicious smelling loaf of bread, perfect for welcoming the cozy autumn vibes. Perfect for your next brunch, afternoon tea or high tea. Or when in need of a sweet treat. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon yeast instant
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted room temperature
- ½ cup yogurt room temperature
- ½ cup milk room temperature
- 1 egg size L
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 medium apples peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon butter melted, unsalted
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Put a cup of flour, yeast, butter, and sugar in a bowl.4 cups all-purpose flour, 1½ teaspoon yeast, 3 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons butter
- While you mix (with a dough hook) slowly add the yogurt, milk, and egg. Mix for another 3 minutes.½ cup yogurt, ½ cup milk, 1 egg
- Then add, while continuing to mix, spoon by spoon the flour and salt. Knead for about 10 minutes more.4 teaspoons salt
- Combine the apples with lemon juice. Add the diced apple to the bowl with the dough and mix briefly, so it's divided equally through the dough.2 medium apples, 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Grease a dish with oil and put the dough in the bowl. Turn the dough so that both sides are coated with oil. Cover with plastic foil. Let rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Transfer the dough onto the work surface and press out the air. Let rest 20 minutes under a damp tea towel.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and mix the sugar with the cinnamon.3 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 4 tablespoon butter
- Flatten the dough and roll the dough into a rectangle of 12 x 8 inches (30 × 20 cm).
- Brush the top of the dough with melted butter.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.
- Roll tightly and place on a baking sheet. Let rise again, covered with plastic foil, for 1 hour in a warm place.
- At half of the rising time, preheat the oven to 390 °F or 350 °F
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 30–35 minutes (until the bread is done. When it's done, it will sound hollow when you knock on the bottom). If the bread browns too quickly, cover it with aluminum foil.
- Remove from the oven and brush the top with melted butter. Let it cool to room temperature.
- After the 1st rise, you let the dough rest for 20 minutes before you form it to make it even airier.
- By brushing the bread with melted butter after baking, you get a delicious soft crust.
- Room temperature: This apple bread gets a shelf life of 3 days after baking.
- Freezer: You can also freeze this bread for up to 1 month. Let it defrost at room temperature. TIP: just before eating it again, warm it up for 5 minutes at 350 °F (180 °C)) for warm bread with a crispy crust.