Easy apple turnovers, with a crispy crust and in the inside warm apple with cinnamon and raisins. A treat for any moment.
Sometimes you crave for something sweet. And you want it (almost) instant. Or you want to serve a sweet bake with your tea. Then you certainly must take a look at these apple turnovers.
The apple is flavored with raisins and cinnamon and folded in puff pastry. That pastry is brushed with egg and sugar and cinnamon are sprinkled on top. That way your topping will caramelize beautiful when baked. After 10 minutes baking time your whole house will smell Wonderfull and then you've still got to wait impatiently for another 10 minutes.
And then the first bite. You bite through the crispy crust and arrive at the sweet apple filling. The juicy warm apple, sweet currants and a hint of cinnamon fill your mouth on every bite. This is almost to good to be true.
- The side of the puff pastry which is covered with plastic foil should be your top side. This side sticks better when folded.
- Brush the top with the egg for more shine. The sugar cinnamon topping will stick better because of this.
- By pressing the sides of the pastry with a fork, the filling won't drip out of the apple turnovers. And it also looks very beautiful.
- You can substitute apple by pear for pear turnovers.
- You can substitute raisins with smal cut sizes of apricot, for a tropical hint.
- Add 1 tablespoon of finely chopped walnut for a bite.
- You can freeze the apple turnovers before you bake them in the oven. Wrap each apple turnover individually and freeze for a maximum of 2 weeks. Don't thaw them before baking, but bake them for an extra 5 minutes.
- You can store the apple turnovers after baking 1 day at room temperature in a paper bag. They're even better when they are warmed just before eating them.
- Don't freeze them in the refrigerator. Because of the humidity the structure will change and that's not really delicious
Other delicious apple
It's a good taste!
Did you make this easy apple turnovers? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Easy apple turn overs (Dutch appelflappen)
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
Apple turnover filling
- 1 apple sweet
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 6 sheets puff pastry thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Apple turnover filling
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Peel the apple, remove the core and cut into small cubes.
- Mix with the sugar, cinnamon and raisins.
- Place a sheet of puff pastry in front of you and divide ⅙ part of the apple on 1 half.
- Fold the dough in half.
- Press the sides of the dough with a fork.
- Place the apple turnover on the baking tray.
Apple turnover topping
- Brush the apple turnover with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Repeat for all the pastry sheets.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.pack them
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Sheet pan, baking tray or baking sheet
- Baking paper or baking mat