These skinny apple fritters are delicious crunchy, with a soft apple inside and dusted with cinnamon sugar. It is made in the oven, and thus it becomes a slimmer variant!
After all those heavy days (in terms of food then) it could be nice to enjoy a New Years Eve snack, without the scale rising to new heights. And let's face it a Dutch donut (or oil ball in Dutch) has a good reason it's called an oil - ball. And the same goes for apple fritters. Fried in oil it becomes an oil-rich snack. But they are so tasty, I hear you say. Completely true! I love it.
And so I made this variant of the apple fritter. Not with a batter (for that would drip and that's not very handy), but with a shell of puff pastry. And then baked in the Air Fryer. Yes the deep fryer without oil. But you can also use the oven to 180 degrees if you don't have one! And it consists of only five ingredients. Sounds easy enough?
It's a good taste!
Recipe Skinny apple
Did you make this skinny apple fritters? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Skinny apple fritters
This recipe is:
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- Cookie cutter
- 1 apple Elstar, small
- 4 sheets puff pastry
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 2 teaspoons butter melted
- Preheat airfryer (or oven) to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the core from the apple.
- Peel the apple and cut it horizontally (whereas the hole is in the middle) into four slices.
- Use a round cookie cutter of 7 cm and cut two circles out of each puff pastry sheet.
- Lay on the first circle a slice of apple, sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar, and cover with the second pastry circle.
- Press the edges of the sites so it's thigtly closed.
- Repeat for all apple fritters.
- Bake for 8 minutes in the air fryer (or until golden brown in the oven), turn them halfway.
- Smear thin melted butter on the apple fritters and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Serve immediately
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.